1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrist mounted instrument blogs

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by timmyg, Mar 31, 2019.

1. timmyg

timmyg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

A bit of a shameless plug here, so feel free to delete if not appropriate, but please see below some of the blogs I've written over the last few weeks, all based around wrist mounted diving instruments. I’ve posted as I know how well received some of my blogs have been.

Shearwater, 'cus everyone uses one. Suunto, as the questions are always being asked.

http://rectotec.blogspot.com/2019/02/how-to-add-bungee-strap-to-shearwater.html

http://rectotec.blogspot.com/2019/03/how-to-change-suunto-dive-computer.html

http://rectotec.blogspot.com/2019/03/how-to-add-bungee-strap-using-dss-mount.html

Happy reading.

TG

#1 timmyg, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  2. georgedavo

georgedavo New Member

Hi Tim,

I just had a quick question regarding wrist mounted instruments.

I recently got a bottom timer (with run time schedule written on wetnotes) as a backup to my computer, but I'm not sure where to put it.

I currently have my computer on my right wrist and my compass on my left.

I've learnt a lot from your blog posts, so thanks for that too!

Cheers,

George

3. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

For a different POV, might upset the purists, but I use a twin console with D-timer as backup.

Reason being that if my computer has gone wrong then last thing I want to do is scrabble around for a D-timer and sods
    law says that for some reason that day I forgot to put it on my arm. Having it as part of my regs means never having to
    forget or even think about it as it's always there.

This may well fly in the face of the single gauge brigade who'll say that the extra 50mm on a double console will kill, but
    whacking bloody big stages etc doesn't seem to be a problem so that's BS.

4. timmyg

timmyg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I wear both of mine on my right wrist. The reason for this is because I can monitor my depth & time whilst controlling my buoyancy/ascent speed as my left hand is free to access my LPI or kidney dump.

My compass is on my left wrist.

TPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

georgedavo likes this.
  5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Both of mine are on my right wrist. I use a Shearwater as my primary computer, running my deco and a Suunto D9tx as my logging and backup computer.

6. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

I keep mine on my right wrist and my backup is on my buddies wrist