1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wing repair

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by John F, Sep 29, 2019.

1. John F

John F Active Member

my son bought a second hand OMS wing, after getting it home he found a pin hole in the bladder.
    Can anyone make any recommendations on what is best to patch it with, apart form the obvious chowing gum

2. jps

jps Active Member
    UKD Supporter

I patched my one with a blob of aquaseal.

It's lasted 10 years so far.

3. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

A small pin hole can be fixed with Aquasure, as @jps said above. A bigger hole or rip can be better fixed with TearAid (Type A)

4. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

I had a couple of pinch holes that I repaired with Tenacious tape, which I found in a local Cotswold Outdoor shop. Similar to tear aid for repairing camping equipment. Working fine so far.

5. John F

John F Active Member

Thanks guys, I will pass that on to him.
    We are both off to Porthkerris next weekend so he should be able to use it.
    Thanks John.

6. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

A small round bike tire puncture repair patch would work a treat too if you happen to have a kit around.