1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Drysuit?

Discussion in 'Dry Suits' started by 18diver18, Sep 30, 2012.

1. 18diver18

18diver18 New Member

Ok, thinking of getting my first drysuit, so any suggestions? Ideally cheap and cheerful. Cheers

2. Roy

Roy Active Member

cheap and cheerful drysuit?
    or do you want a dry drysuit?

3. 18diver18

18diver18 New Member

Both!

4. puddle fish

puddle fish Well-Known Member

Buy a good quality one that fits you, and then replace it when its fallig apart 1000's of dives later.

Roy likes this.
  5. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't know anyone with bad things to say about the O'Three range of suits. Not cheap but you'll probably save money in the long run

6. aquanaut

aquanaut Well-Known Member

Where you live will make a difference as to make. some are up north while o three are in Dorset. Always best to go see them whom ever you choose and get a good fit. Measuring yourself is fine , but mess up and it us your responsibility so go see the company and get measured if you decide m2m . Seaskin and Otter are in Leeds / Bradford respectively and excellent.

7. hawk

hawk Doing It Rong
    UKD Supporter

Unless you are very lucky, finding a good dry suit second hand for a good price is tricky. Especially if you are not an off the peg size.

Have a search on here and see what most people use. I bought a seaskin neo ultra based on the recommendations on here and it is superb.

Justify the expense by looking at it as an investment - because it is

8. west0ne

west0ne New Member

Robin Hood Sports sometimes sell off some their old school suits for around £200. If you can get a hundred dives out of it at that price it has probably been decent value for money if you consider that renting is around £30 per day. There doesn't seem to be a massive price difference between off the peg and made to measure if you look at Otter or Seaskin but you are still looking at £500+.

I really don't think there is such a thing as a cheap drysuit. If you are in a club you may find other members who are upgrading may be willing to sell on their old suit for a good price, but if you go second hand look before you buy, a bargain stops being a bargain when you have to replace a zip at £150.

Don't forget to budget for an undersuit as well, so think around £100.

9. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

One of my buddies has a RoHo suit and he's never had a dry dive.

I have a Seaskin Nova. It took a couple of attempts for them to get it right (but in having problems I seem to be in the minority) and it is an excellent suit. Possibly the best suit under 500 quid.

If money was no object I'd get an O-Three, but at £1200 off the peg I've had cars that cost less!

10. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

The typical O'Three MSF500TB are about £750-800, not £1200

11. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

I'd want front entry so that's an Ri1-100.

12. j_b

j_b Well-Known Member

I just ask strangers to zip me up ;)

13. Big Joe

Big Joe Active Member

I have a RoHo suit and it has worked fine and I also hear good reports about Seaskin. Both do made to measure free of charge. Both are budget priced. If money is no object then you are spoiled for choice

14. gunner

gunner Member

Have just returned from Scapa and used my brand new Seaskin neoprene suit for the week. Made to measure, fits like a glove and kept me dry.

Change from £500. Can't ask for more.

Jenkins likes this.
  15. Jenkins

Jenkins Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.

My RoHo suit is coming up 9 years old and must have done around 300 dives and I've been very happy with it.

(it is however overdue for replacement and now somewhat less than 100% watertight)