1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you carry weight ?

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by Tom, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Tom

Tom New Member

After reading the thread about weight, it made me think a little about where we carry our weight, weight belt, harness, intergrated or combination of systems. Im not really talking tech diving, different ball game, im talking sport recreational diving, I would be intrested in what you carry and what system you use, pros & cons etc. For me I use a belt and intergrated weights, I dive in a neo dry.

Cheers

Tommo (PS just noticed it now says senior member, does that mean Im getting old ? how do you get this status, I prefer junior member, it does my ego the world of good)

2. Ellie

Ellie Non scene GUE diver

Integrated weights and a weights harness for drysuit diving, hopefully integrated only when in my wetsuit...

Weights belts and me are not the best of friends.....

To stay at Junior level, you have to be a sedentary poster. You are a victim of your own success hun....

Ellie

3. Baz

Baz Active Member

2 trim weights in the back of my tekwing & dumpable integrated on the waistband

I wouldn't go back to a weight belt with this particular setup, i really dont like them.

4. nottrikk

nottrikk Member

Belt with pockets and integrated weight pouches in my BCD for dropping a couple of pounds should I need to.

5. Coldhands

Coldhands New Member

Cheap blue weight belt with shot weight that looks exactly the same as every other belt on a boat. I don't want something I am emotionally attached to and therefore will be happy to dump if necessary.

6. O2 Steve

O2 Steve New Member

when in my wet suit I use dumpable pouches on the belt of my wing (as I'm only carrying 6-8kg depending where on planet and which suit I'm in). If in the semi or dry suit I tend to use a weight harness.

7. miniman

miniman Member

I carry lard round my waist and lead in the intergrated pockets on my BCD

8. Sakara Drinker

Sakara Drinker Posting Sh*te since 2005

Weightbelt for wetsuit, shot belt for dry suit.

9. bubblehead08

bubblehead08 New Member

I carry it all in the dumpable side pockets on my wing regardless of what suit I'm wearing - don't like belts as I never trust them 100% but I'm contemplating getting a harness.

10. Dougalsdad01

Dougalsdad01 Active Member

All mine (12kg with a dry-suit in salt water) in 2 integrated BCD pouches. Integrated puts your head higher on the surface since your own bouyancy pushes you up into the BCD shoulder straps, whereas wearing a weight belt pulls you down away from the straps.

11. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

I have a steel backplate and weighted single tank adaptor to carry about half my weight and then the rest on a belt.

12. steadg

steadg New Member

Integrated into my bcd - but ive never been properley weighted that will change next week when i do PPB spesh!

13. rainbowannie

rainbowannie New Member

Most goes in my integrated weight pouches, 2kg trim weights on tank band and anything left over depending on which suit I'm in goes on the belt.

14. O2 Steve

O2 Steve New Member

I can highly recommend the harnesses from Bowstone - very comfy and can carry more lead than you'll ever need!

Would use my wing dumpables all the time but I would need to buy bigger ones first - the current ones only take a max 4kg each!

15. Maurice

Maurice New Member

integrated weight pouches

[​IMG]

16. bubblehead08

bubblehead08 New Member

Cheers, I'll have a look at that one. Don't suppose you've any experience of the 'RalphTech Stab Tech HD' or the Seeman Sub weight harness have you?

17. DAMO

DAMO New Member

I went out with a girl once who carried quite a bit of weight around her waist but she wasn,t a diver at all.[/font]

18. Guffnuts

Guffnuts New Member

12kg on a belt.

19. kitkat

kitkat New Member

I have all of mine in lead blocks on a weight belt. I learnt with a belt and can't seem to bring myself to change it, even though my BCD is weight integrated.

20. Baz

Baz Active Member

Did she have integrated chest weights as well?