1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheelchair diving art

Discussion in 'Diving Related Events' started by Aquadex, Sep 20, 2014.

1. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

This is quite a contentious topic.

Would the money that has been put into this not be better spent investing in more traditional disable diver training? i know it's 'art' but I don't get it.

Zubar likes this.
  2. j_b

j_b Well-Known Member

Ah, this again.
    It bears so little resemblance to disabled diving as to be a complete waste of time and money. But that's just my opinion.

3. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

Wot 'e said.

4. 290315

290315 New Member

To me its very self-indulgent and as has been said the money could've benefitted many others

5. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

As above. Depththerapy could have done a lot more with that money.

6. aquanaut

aquanaut Well-Known Member

I suppose like many forms of art there are many different ways of expressing it and to how it is received. This was her way and actually like any disabled divers, very brave regardless of whatever back up she had and of course many hours of practice as we who dive know, well mostly :). As for the money, there is far more wasted on smokers, heavy drinkers, drug abuse and( boob jobs) ;)
    in the NHS than comes close to this. Am sure that many disabled people who do get to see this would be encouraged to see that there is almost nothing that cannot be achieved. Not trying to ruffle feathers , just my thoughts.