1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What mix?

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by John F, Jan 19, 2018.

1. John F

John F Member

Is it worth using a lean nitrox mix to do a 40M dive, or am I throwing my money away as the advantage is not big?
    John F

2. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Well-Known Member

It would reduce the nitrogen loading a little. As o2 is usually charged by the litre the cost wouldn't be much. It seems a reasonable option.

3. John F

John F Member

Thanks Dave, I was thinking of the, every little helps.
    John.

Dave Whitlow likes this.
  4. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Back in OC days I would've , although I'd try to air top a previous nitrox fill rather than pay for a lean mix. But hell yeah why not.

5. JasonP

JasonP Member

28% isn't that lean and it will make quite a difference to the deco. And the extra money for a fill is a bit irrelevant when you consider the other costs of the day.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Dave Whitlow likes this.
  6. Tewdric

Tewdric Member

Absolutely, why not? An air top on a dived twin set of 32 normally gives you a decent nitrox for a 40m dive.

7. John F

John F Member

The cylinders where away for test and so needed a fresh fill. I went for 28 as this is good for 40M, so if I go to NDAC that will do for me.
    John