1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

West Wales anyone?

Discussion in 'Diving Trips and Locations' started by Vynee, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Vynee

Vynee New Member

OH and I are intending to go for a weekend to west Wales in a couple of weeks to get a couple of dives in. St Brides, Martin's Haven, Solva and Porth Clais area.
    Can anyone give me some info on best places to dive, state of tide, air fills, etc.?
    Cheers :)

2. Nick Ward

Nick Ward Active Member

Ive snorkelled porth clais - it looks like it would make a brilliant dive, its certainly on my hit list...

3. Vynee

Vynee New Member

Thanks Nick - gives me hope! I can't find very much info about west wales diving anywhere - most links I've followed from google are dead

4. Nick Ward

Nick Ward Active Member

think the nearest cylinder refills is quite some distance though. If i recall, the one in St Davids closed down some time ago, so the nearest is possibly milford havern... I've been looking round there - there's a few charters in the area, but precious little info on shore dives

Vynee likes this.
  5. Tewdric

Tewdric Member

I have had some great dives in Martin's Haven. You can get 30m off the beach if you want and it is teeming with life. Do stick to the right hand side though to avoid the boat traffic and be aware if you pop out from the shelter of the rocks you can get into some currents. Awesome dive though.

6. Pembrokeshire Falconry

There is a shop/dive company based at Milford haven harbour who probably offer tank refills
    ( westwalesdivers I think!? )

Also I think you can still get your tanks filled at neyland marina.

Not sure of anywhere in north Pembrokeshire though.

7. Pembrokeshire Falconry

8. Vynee

Vynee New Member

Thank you Nick - that's what I've discovered too :(

9. Vynee

Vynee New Member