1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well hello.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Zubar, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

Hello, my name is Zubar and I’m a diveaholic. I’ve been mostly dry now for two years, except for the odd slip up when I just couldn’t help myself.

I made a big house and job move two years ago and this breathing underwater thing kind of went on hold. Since then many things have conspired to keep me out of the water.

I haven’t been on here as I felt a bit of a fraud for not diving.

Anyhow, plans are afoot to try and get some more diving back into my life.

Now to reacquaint myself with this fabulous forum, which I hold fully responsible for my addiction and the thousands of pounds it has cost me.

C

2. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Hiya. Enjoy !

Zubar likes this.
  3. splinter

splinter Active Member

Hi, welcome and good luck getting back in the water. Life does tend to get in the way sometimes, doesnt it.

What are your plans? Club, trips, courses? Joining a club worked for me.

4. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome back

Zubar likes this.
  5. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

None specific. I have been a member of my local bsac since I moved but they were a bit rubbish. Things have changed a bit, but not much.

Dunno just going to take it one step at a time.

I kept all my kit so maybe in 6-12 months time will be up to some tech diving again. Who knows.

splinter likes this.
  6. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

I'm on my fourth BSAC club - two didn't reply to emails so never got to them, the third was having problems as their Training Officer had moved on. I'm now in an active club where I can usually sort out a dive when I want and they organise club events regularly.

7. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

Tbh I’ve only stayed a member to have access to the compressor, which has now been upgraded. I’m not really interested in their training, I’ve enough cards under my belt to keep me busy.

It’s not just them, I’ve hardly been there so my fault too.

8. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Life moves around and diving still remains.

Nice to see you back.

Just how far is it for you to get to the sea from your (lovely) new location?

Zubar likes this.
  9. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

The closest is Aberdyfi which is just over an hour but no diving there. My basic club take the boat all the way to the Llyn peninsular which is 3.5 hours away, just to dive 6m of water and see some kelp. It’s a stitch up by one of the members who has a house there. There is some good diving out of Pembrokeshire but it not ‘close’.
    Vivian or stoney are my closest ponds.

I’m not rushing back in,, life will still get in the way.

What have you got in the pipeline Wibs?

10. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Currently in Oban with my local PADI club I use for fills & oxygen. Alas suffering from the kit failure blues, but the weather's superb ang my first dive on the Breda was one of the best dives I've had -- almost swam the length of the ship through it.

Have some odds and sods booked trying to help get rid of more helium. Having a consolidation year and trying to work out what to do with the boat... happy number two maybe.

11. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

12. Mako-JD

Mako-JD Active Member

Welcome back.....has it been 2years wow...

Zubar likes this.
  13. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

Yep, how time flys!

Last day of my hols tomorrow then home to sunny Wales and to give the dive shed an autumn clean and rinse off the cobwebs!

How have you been?