1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: Halcyon 3.3' DSMB

Discussion in 'Personal Ads' started by reefer, Feb 13, 2019.

1. reefer

reefer Active Member

As per the subject, I'm after a used 3.3' Halcyon DSMB.

Thanks

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Is that the little "training blob"?

If so, I bought a yellow 'ikkle' one at the Dive Show that's made by Tekline. This is very similar to the Halcyon one with a metal inflation nipple, but half the price.

https://www.shaw-tek.com/smbs-10-c.asp

I bought it for an emergency marker to send up a message for deep dives. Very good quality, certainly as good as the Halcyon one. Never used it In anger -- and hope never to either :)

reefer and splinter like this.
  3. reefer

reefer Active Member

Hi Mate

I've been offered a Halcyon one now. It basically is for training - I want it for fundies, as blowing up my 6 foot Buddy in 2.5 metres of water and keeping trim is a challenge ;)

Cheers
    Al

4. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Guessed so. The little ones are one lungful to inflate, so easy to do without affecting your buoyancy.

Moot now you've got one, but I'd imagine that they're very 'borrowable' given their main use for training. I've one you could borrow if your purchase falls through.

(The yellow one has a very different purpose and is used in conjunction with full-sized blobs)

5. reefer

reefer Active Member

indeed. I'm pretty sure a 3 foot DSMB is not suitable for UK seas, therefore its for practice - or somewhere calm abroad ! :)