1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UKDivers Red Sea Liveaboard II - MV Tala The Return

Discussion in 'Organised Diving Trips' started by Davey_Willo, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Davey_Willo

Davey_Willo Super Moderator

[size=large]UKDivers Red Sea Liveaboard II - MV Tala The Return[/size]

Righty Ho, this is the official thread.

I'll make this a sticky thread and then update the first post in it as we go along, that way its easier for people to see immediately where we are as far the oganisation goes, otherwise it gets too messy with too many posts to read.

Trip Date: Fri 27th June 08 to Fri 4th July 08

Itineray: Northern Wreck Fest and Reefs including Ras Mohammed.

Vessel/Company: MV Tala/Red Sea Explorers

I'm booking the Tala again, I'm sure that many of you are aware from previous posts or actual experience that we are guaranteed a top time with an awesome crew on this particular boat, and we also know that we'll be treated like real divers and real friends, allowed to dive rather than be led (Unless you prefer a dive guide of course where upon one shall be provided) :D

Total Boat Cost: will be 800 Euros, included in the price are, Airport transfers to & from, 3-4 Dives a day, 2-3 dives on last day, Dive Guides, All Food (Vegetarians, Celiac sufferers and all others are catered for with notice)
    Soft Drinks (Tea/Coffee/Biscuits/Fruit Juices always available, Chilled water dispensers on all decks)
    Single Tanks, Weight Belts Air & Nitrox are all included.
    Both Indoor and Outdoor towels are provided, the rooms are cleaned daily and the sheets are changed midweek.

Other expenses that will be incurred are:

Your flights: (organised by yourselves) Local airport to Hurghada.

Alcohol: Usually purchased at the airport (Although the Tala stocks enough space juice to keep you more than happy should you run out of your own supplies)

Other expenses that may be incurred are:

Extra equipment hire: such as X-Scooters, BP's, Harness's, Twinsets, extra stages, Wet Suits or any other equipment availabe for hire from the crew of the Tala, all costs are very reasonable if you do want/need to hire something.

I think thats everything, forgive me if I've missed something but I'll update this thread regularly anyway.

Ok, so far the team sheet reads like this.

1)Me (Dave) Flight (Still looking)
    2)My Missus (Diane) Flight (Still looking)
    3)My Son (Brad) Flight (Still looking)
    4) Sazza: Flight Booked (Details to follow)
    5) Homer Flight Booked - TCX716K Gatwick/Hurghada 10:00/18:05
    6) Air Guzzler Flight Booked - TOM1417 Manc/Hurghada 12:55/20:30
    7) Phil O Flight Booked - XLA558V Gatwick/Hurghada 09:00/16:15
    8) furryman Flight Booked - FCA714 - Gatwick/Hurghada 13:55/21:10
    9) Pawel Flight Flight Booked - FCA714 - Gatwick/Hurghada 13:55/21:10
    10) Adam77 Flight (Still looking)
    11) SIMON (provisional)
    12) Badknees (Ugly and Provisional)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)
    17)
    18)
    19)
    20)

This will be a fully recreational trip, all dives will be within recreational limits, although the Tala is fully equipped for technical diving for those of us who may venture a little deeper and longer given the opportunity, penetration of the Rosalie Moller springs to mind :D

Links to write-ups/reports of what you can expect from this fantastic boat and crew of the Red Sea Explorers follows, the first link is to a trip report on DIRx forum which is fundamentally the same trip that we'll be doing ourselves, John Kendal booked the MV Tala after my advice on DIRx, I think everyone was suitably pleased that he did.. :D

Click me for Tala Trip Report 1

This second link is a write-up in Divernet by Chris Boardman who joined a DIR trip that I'd organised last September, everyone was blown away by this trip too, some of whom have booked back on this trip even though we're repeating the itinerary... :thumbup:

Click me for Tala Trip Report 2

Enjoy the read and imagine yourself there already, I know I will :drool:

Please be aware, this is NOT a DIR trip, its divers from all agencies and all skill levels bonding and having a fecking great time :tongue:

Davido!! :D

2. Badknees

Badknees Meg Pilot (retired) and Forum KGB

Oh i so want to go.......... need to sort work out............June you say.........dave put me near the bottom as a provisional. I will need to get work sorted then fingers crossed..........

3. Davey_Willo

Done!! :scared:

4. Badknees

Badknees Meg Pilot (retired) and Forum KGB

for that "ugly" comment willo you shall be forced to dive my bungied death wing with as many dangly bits i can find to chuck on it!

5. sazza

sazza New Member

yup just have to confirm folks this trip and the boats rocks you will not get better!!!! you will enjoy every single moment and you will be fed and looked after like a king......

6. Polly

Polly Active Member

At the moment I don't have any work booked in for that week and there's a chance I might be heading off to work as a Tour leader somewhere lovely the following week. This year, work has already started looking up so there is a small chance I might be able to afford it....really can't confirm anything yet but I've got the dates pencilled in and will let you know if I can go as soon as possible. I'll keep my eye on the list and how quickly it's filling up!

7. Davey_Willo

Nice one Polly, heres hoping that you can make it again mate, shall I update the list with you as a provisional?

8. Phil O

Phil O Member

Would be good if you can make it - I did not get kidnapped once on the last trip!!

9. Polly

Polly Active Member

Best not to put me on for now as I'm still waiting to hear about the summer job and a few other projects that might end up going ahead in that week....will let you know as soon as things are confirmed.

10. Davey_Willo

No problem mate. ;)

While I'm on, can the guys who have already booked flights send me their flight details please, i.e. Departure Airport, Flight No.s and Departure/Arrival times and I'll update the thread, this way it will help others who might want to try and get onto the same flights to know where to look.

Cheers
    Dave :D

11. Air-Guzzler

Air-Guzzler Cannot spel and I cannut delet your post :-)

Pm'd tonight

12. Davey_Willo

PM' returned.... :tongue:

13. pawel

pawel Member

Do I need a flight specifically for Fri 27th June 08 and Fri 4th July 08 or those dates are for the boat only, so I need the tickets for 26th and 5th?

14. Phil O

Phil O Member

Most of us will go on the 27th returning on the 4th and travel direct to/from Tala. You could of course of out earlier and stay somewhere in Hurghada if you wish - if so I'm sure Faisal will recommend a suitable place to stay

15. Davey_Willo

I'd recommend the same dates, we'll arrive on the 27th June, be transported to the Tala, where there will be much merriment, shaking of hands and consumption of alcohol... An early-ish night, then early Saturday morning we'll set off to the first dive site for our checkout dives and all of the good stuff thereafter

After a week of mindblowing diving we'll return to Hurghada on the Friday 4th July where we'll chill, dry and pack our gear, when its time we'll be transported the 10 minute drive back to the airport for our flights back to the good ol'UK.

Arrival and departure times are going to be spread but the crew of the Tala are really cool and so don't mind transporting us as when we need to arrive at the airport and not as one big group, therefore we won't be sat waiting for hours because someone else needed to be there earlier than the next man/group.

Hope that helps fella, let me know as soon as you've booked and I'll update the details.

Davido!! :thumbup:

16. pawel

pawel Member

Phil O, who are you flying with? All flights from Gatwick seem to be very late...

17. pawel

pawel Member

we should be doing a night on Friday already! :D

18. Davey_Willo

LOL, now theres keen, and theres taking the pi$$... :D

Welcome aboard mate, looks like you're traveling with Chris.

19. Ellie

Ellie Non scene GUE diver

Oh I bet Liveaboards are great fun... If there are still spaces when I qualify in March, and finances permitting, I'd love to come along...

Ellie

20. Phil O

Phil O Member

I'm flying with XL but there are no more spaces on that flight apparently. there are a couple more flights that day from Gatwick - one at 10:00 and one around 13:00