1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Divers Waswater Dive 31.07.10

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Air-Guzzler, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Air-Guzzler

Air-Guzzler Cannot spel and I cannut delet your post :-)

Well following on from the recent post about getting out and meeting members Old & New a few of us got our old & tiered ar$es out of bed and went diving today.
    The day for AG started at 05:30 before the alarm clock woke the whole house up. I had arranged to Pick Up Suggsy from his house at 6.45 the weather on the way up was due but just about dry. Car loaded and off to Forton Services just to see if anybody had arrived to meet BK we waited about 15mins and headed off to the pre arranged A590 layeby for the 8am meet.
    We arrived about 10mins after the Cheif Idjit who had stayed over and we met uo with a couple of New members Nick & Chris. greetings made and the 1:35 drive to waswater started.
    After about 45mins into the drive it started I need the toilet when are we stopping i need the toilet from Suggsy well lets face it he should have gone before we left but you know what kids can be like.

We arrived at waswater to find the usual place was full of other divers How F***in dare they did they not know UKD where diving there today. We found John_C's Car abandoned by the road side and looked around as usual he & mrs C where in the water.
    Then a guy walks over and introduces him self as Big Joe

Chit chat and we find that Joe has no buddy & is diving a single we agree with Joe who sits out the deep stuff and will have a bimble for our 2nd dive.

We could not get into the pinnacle entry so a long boring swim under water was called for, we find the large outcrop of rock and descend into the cold dark depth's of the lake at about 40mtr Pete looks like he is a little narked but we carry on to the 45m gnome garden which John_C we found its littered with the little fella's but it could do with a clean up as the bottom is a mixture of silt & rocky areas. We had planned to stay no longer than 10mins so we left before the scheduled time. We followed the rock face back up and downwards back toward the entry point. Gas switch at 18mtrs to 50cent and as they say deco was deco. UNTIL I saw Suggsy about 1/2 mtr off the bottom now was my chance to get him back from our last visit.
    I fin like crazy land directly behind him & on top of his twins and push his whole body into the silt Ok a little childish but Boy was it worth it. Unit the 2nd dive when the bugger got me back.

surface interval was Hot bacon & sausage barms hot coffee & chit chat with the others. Nick & Chris left early (rebreather boys just carnt take the pace of 2 dives a day :) ) a short video o four 1st dive is in production sand will be posted on the Facebook site for all to view.

http://www.facebook.com/video/?add&oid=2385552687&status=5#!/group.php?gid=2385552687

Sorry we missed Big Si who i believe was there but in the area above us may be next time fella.

2. Big Joe

Big Joe Active Member

A good day out - enjoyed by those who took part.

Joe

3. John_c

John_c New Member

Next time AG, get up n out a bit earlier to get a place at the pinacle parking, ready to dive on time... :tongue:... lol :rolleyes: 9am start my arse..!

Glad you found the gnomes though... we enjoyed our 67min dive there and still got back home before 2pm... :thumbup:

4. Suggsy

Suggsy Banned

[​IMG]

Another reason we didn't hang around was it was fricken cold at 45m and I had a major suit leak which was getting a bit chilly.
    Good to meet those that could be bothered and made the effort to show up. The diving was crap but the surface banter was very funny.
    Speshul thanks to AG for driving and cooking, not at the same time obviously. Oh and for shoving me in the silt, but leaving you flailing about like an upturned turtle when we got back to shore made up for it ;)

5. aquanaut

aquanaut Well-Known Member

Well am sorry i did not turn up, Suit in the menders with a split seal put the mockers on any chance of me getting there. Looking forward to seeing your Vid though.

6. big si

big si Well-Known Member

yes i was parked at the pinicles entry, i did meet big joe and veewolf who had a day out on his bike, myself markg and scubacol did 2 dives nothing to see only the silty bottom at 55mts and 34mtr bimble on the second dive.

absolutly stunning scenery a must see for those that havent been before

hopefuly get to meet those i didnt on the next UKD dive

7. veewulf

veewulf Member

good to meet big si and had a great ride out even if not diving 300 miles on the bike and only a slightly sore bum Thumbs Up

8. Suggsy

Suggsy Banned

What goes on between you and Si is between you two ok? ;)

9. Dereckerick

Dereckerick New Member

It was a good day, but leaving at 2pm was a good move as it took me 5 hours to get to Wales in the bus!

Wastwater needs a bloody big bypass building to it!

10. Air-Guzzler

Veewolf
    Was that you riding a Silver Yamaha with a mirror visor just one guy kept passing us in the carpark and looking at us.

Nick Good to meet up again your right about the byepass mate but that's it for a year.

Next UKD meet will be the Delph so Silty Bottom,Scuba Peanut & Badknees feel at home dont worry folks who live further south Stoney cove Before the Years out, you never know Phil O may even turn up with his side mounts :) or his new arrival

11. Silty Bottom

Silty Bottom in DIRnial

Peanut was never going to be there, he only landed back in the country in the early hours of Saturday morning.

I'll let you apologise to him in person when you next see him ;)

And had I known you were willing to blow out your plans of 45m+ to hold my hand at 35m I'd have turned up

Glad a good day was had for those that went though Thumbs Up

12. Air-Guzzler

such kind words Silty

13. MatHendery

MatHendery Member

When you organizing Gildy AG? :lol:

14. Dereckerick

Dereckerick New Member

It was a good day, and a good laugh as well, you lot made me chuckle!

15. Major Clanger

Major Clanger P-Plated Meg Diver

Plenty of mud to plant people in.

16. Air-Guzzler

Its a little far for Team Idjit to dive mate nothing stopping you from organising the southern softy branch :tongue:

17. big si

big si Well-Known Member

how about dorathea the first weekend in september :D

my favourite place

18. Jenkins

Jenkins Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.

Hopefully I will be back in the water by then :D

Anyone got a 15l I can borrow? (not sure I'm up to that hill after the year I've had :()

19. Air-Guzzler

May be later Big Si

Team Idjit are doing the U12 out of Eyemouth on the 11th Sept

20. DaveS

DaveS Play nice. Enjoy UKD

And a HUGE public apology from myself and Polly. We went to a wedding do in Hull on Friday, got very drunk on magic wine glasses that kept filling themselves up courtesy of Polly's mum. I think she had the hots for me after I introduced myself to the new family by nicking her crutches and glasses and dancing like a reet spanner to the band on the dance floor.
    Somehow she ended up in bed with me (Polly's mum not Polly!!!) and I fell asleep. Either way, we (Polly and I - no idea where her mum went) got up very late, had bacon butty's from Polly's dad and decided that by the time we'd driven to Wastwater it would be getting on for 4pm. Instead we just about managed to get to Anglesey to meet our next dive crowd.

Apologies guys, I hate letting people down but there was no way I could drive 4 hours to Wast without sobering up first. Let us know the date of the next one and hopefully we'll be there!