1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top quality drysuit recommendations

Discussion in 'Dry Suits' started by Wibble, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Active Member
    UKD Supporter

Just back from Beaulieu after a trip to Predator this morning. Should have the new suit in about four weeks.

splinter and Wibble like this.
  2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

What's the spec...?

Tribal Chestnut likes this.
  3. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Active Member
    UKD Supporter

Not sure I dare answer that! Might have to wait until Friday...

4. ZX NINJA

ZX NINJA New Member

I
    I have scubapro rock boots and they work well with laces,don't swell up in water easy to unlace and hard wearing boots.

5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

That's useful to know. I guess a double-knot would keep them in check and maybe tuck the laces in

The also don't have their skanky logon on them too -- unlike the Hollis boots. And, amazingly, are cheaper than the generic boots which fall apart.

6. nickb

nickb Active Member

A double knot is for people that don't know how to tie laces properly. You need to aim for a reef knot, lots of people tie a granny instead. And definitely tuck the ends in.

...or avoid rock boots altogether ;)

7. splinter

splinter Active Member

I've got some DUI rock boots. They have a slider to tighten the laces then the excess wraps round the back and is secured with a Velcro flap. Works very well.

I had a pair of the otter boots with the Velcro straps. They fell apart very quickly.