1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wreck of the 'London' - the next Mary Rose?

Discussion in 'Shipwrecks' started by Alex Denny, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

Some of you on here probably know Steve Ellis, who has been diving the shipwreck of 'the London' in the murk of the Thames estuary for a number of years now. Some amazing artefacts have been recovered over the years, and now Steve and the London Shipwreck Trust are kicking off a campaign to fund some more in-depth (see what I did there?) monitoring, recovery and conservation with a view - potentially - to raising her in the future.

There is an appeal page here:

https://www.nauticalarchaeologysociety.org/Appeal/save-the-london

Some more information about the ship and her history is on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_(1656_English_ship)

I know the team would really appreciate support with the campaign and spreading the word. It should continue to be a fascinating diving story as it develops!

[​IMG]

2. Iain Denham

Iain Denham Active Member

I know Steve Personally, an have followed this for some time its good stuff.

Alex Denny likes this.