1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The What Cheered Me Up Today Thread

Discussion in 'Off Gassing' started by Doomanic, Jun 11, 2009.

1. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

They don't have boots on the cylinders. Nor ankle weights or snorkels.

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

And the diver seems to be within normal BMI, fit and diving flat. And no option for a neoprene rear-loading drysuit or a feck-off great reel and crack-bottle SMB dangling

3. Vanny

Vanny Well-Known Member

That because real divers don’t buy toy divers :joyful:

4. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

I've got a couple of cans of yellow line marking paint so at least we can colour match your drysuit.

furryman likes this.
  5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Wondering if we need a new thread "What surprised me today..."

Lockdown dictated by the cabal of Marxists posing as a government begins tomorrow. As ever any economic activity that isn’t Amazon is eschewed including diving venues. (You may have guessed that I’m less than happy about this synchronised foot shooting)

Anyway, went to Wraysbury with a mate to put a couple of hours on our boxes in lieu of being able to dive in the sea. As the eve of lockdown, I thought it would have been rammed full of divers. Not so, there were 8 divers the whole day!

Now they’re closed until nanny deigns that we’re allowed out again.

And it was sunny all day.

6. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Super Moderator
    Staff Member

It is ridiculous you describe the actions of a privileged, self-serving, incompetent, bunch of parasites, aspiring to impose fascism on the nation, as being associated with an socioeconomic analysis entirely abhorrent to them! They are not Marxists. That is their worst nightmare! Try incompetent sociopaths as a more fitting label for them!
    'foot shooting' Really? Their feet are fine and they and their mates are doing rather well from all this. Did you vote for them?
    Yes, it was sunny today (lawn was still a bit wet) so I went out on the bike and checked the local shore conditions (not ideal but improving).
    It is sunny tomorrow so I'm going for a swim in the harbour and will check the water clarity. Perhaps, with the sea starting to clear, I might consider a shore dive the following day. After all, a short journey for exercise is entirely reasonable.

Wibble likes this.
  7. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Captain U-Turn and the Shitweasels with Sir Kneel-a-lot guesting as Captain Hindsight.

My ire has massively been piqued with this shower of incompetent numpties hell bent on the wholesale destruction of the high street — where they pay rates and taxes for the growth of Amazon who pays as little tax as possible.

It’s the 5th November. Maybe Guy Fawkes should come back and save us.

Would like to see all MPs salaries and expenses stopped during this time so they can get some skin in the game like all of us. And prosecutions for treason.

8. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Here’s a first... Theresa May has succinctly summarised the main concerns

9. splinter

splinter Active Member

Finally, 8 months late due to covid, 1 year after my operation and 20 months since I last dived, I've got a date for the echocardiogram to check if my heart still works properly!

Fingers crossed, if all goes well, I'll be back in the water next month. Cant wait!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

NickPicks, JohnL, Chimpus and 4 others like this.
  10. Chimpus

Chimpus Member

Hope it all goes well for you

splinter likes this.
  11. Big Joe

Big Joe Active Member

Good luck Splinter

splinter likes this.
  12. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Have managed to book a week in Malin on the 'classics' for next year. Have really been looking forwards to that for years.

Doomanic and splinter like this.
  13. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

Peter Sutcliffe died today. Good riddance, you evil piece of shit.

Yes. That has cheered me up.

Vanny likes this.
  14. furryman

furryman hmmmm

COVID-19 had a purpose after all.
    (Shame about the collateral damage)

15. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Pardon the intrusion from an ex-diver but, with my main enjoyment learning French in lock-down, I came across the Vendee Globe website that had on-board videos in French. For those of you that don't know, this single-handed non-stop round the world yacht race is the equivalent of a formula 1 race for 75 days on your own. And, although the majority of sailors are French, there is a Brit leading currentlyl

It may be a way to relieve some of the frustration of not being able to jump overboard and spend hours tinkering around wrecks, then more hours in deco before you surface. Some of the footage is amazing although you may need a sea-sick pill before you watch!

Keep safe, John

16. furryman

furryman hmmmm

No such thing as an "ex-diver"... merely one who's on a break...

17. splinter

splinter Active Member

And we're back! All good after my check up. The AF has been sorted and no holes left in my heart from the op. The doc has cleared me for recreational diving and subject to a diving doc looking over my results I should get the go ahead to resume deeper stuff soon. Such a relief!

First dive back next weekend.

Cybes, Chimpus, NickPicks and 5 others like this.
  18. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yesterday I did a night dive in Newton's Cove. The viz was 4m and the water temperature 11c and now my dive kit is out in the rain getting washed!

I've never dived there before and, with a maximum depth of 4.1m, after a 70 minute dive there's almost enough gas for another dive!

NickPicks and barrygoss like this.
  19. Vanny

Vanny Well-Known Member

we try to get a night dive in there when we are down after a recommendation from Collin Garett (?) really nice spot when tide and wind allow.

Dave Whitlow likes this.
  20. barrygoss

barrygoss Active Member

We did it as a club shore dive earlier in the year. Nice spot and the bobtail squid are hilarious

B

Dave Whitlow likes this.