1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The What Cheered Me Up Today Thread

Discussion in 'Off Gassing' started by Doomanic, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

It's that time of year where the sea's closing/closed, but haven't got desperate enough yet to go diving in a puddle.

Having said that; heading for the bottom of NDAC next weekend to get rid of some of that there helium. Really wanted to do a deeper dive somewhere more interesting, but there's nothing available within 6 hours of the south east.

Must 'book up' some underground trips.

What's the Cape Verde trip like? Expensive?

2. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Don't think Cape Verde is that expensive - we will be in all inclusive, which we don't really like, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice. Sal appears to be the tourist island.

3. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Great , informative visit today organised by work to HMS Belfast. Seeing the internals of the guns through 4 decks , which I’ve had explained and dived in scapa with huskyan was quite something. Worth a visit if your in town.

NickPicks likes this.
  4. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

I did HMS Belfast 40 years ago on my 10th birthday. It was awesome and horrible all at the same time; it was when I found out I'm claustrophobic...

I thought they were planning to scrap her a few years ago?

5. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Seems to be going strong. Part of the imperial war museum group.

6. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Oooh, went round HMS Belfast this summer when staying in London for a week on the boat in St Catherines. Amazing to visit somewhere where you have to climb up and down ladders. So much easier when you breathe in to go up.... (oh, for box users, that's press the up button)

Highly recommended thing to do in London.

---

Couple of us going up to NDAC this weekend to help rid the planet of some more helium. Kind of looking forwards to it, although there's sod all to see.

jps likes this.
  7. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

Still warm there - 11degC in the shallows!

jps likes this.
  8. Graysyid

Graysyid Active Member

Met up with a BSAC group in Kent (crooklog) got their own RIB and seem a decent bunch. Hopefully a bit more UK diving for me soon

NickPicks and Wibble like this.