1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The What Cheered Me Up Today Thread

Discussion in 'Off Gassing' started by Doomanic, Jun 11, 2009.

1. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

WCMUT, I think I have finally managed to install a software pipeline that I've been trying on and off to install over at least the last two years. I've not tested it out yet but it passes all the built in tests.

I can't take most of the credit though, lots of this is down to the author who has rewritten a lot of this to update it a bit.

This is the software in case you were interested;
    https://github.com/tseemann/nullarbor

This was the script I ended up with the last time I had this working but that was a bit of a fudge and didn't work on my preferred distro;
    https://gist.github.com/jb2cool/2334b6e557fb816c075c96e91f7b70eb#file-nullarbor-install-biolinux8-sh

2. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

3. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Not moved to GitLab since Microsoft bought GitHub? Aparrently 100k repos moved over in one day since the slurping avaricious bastards from Redmond bought them.

4. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

I’m diving Ginnie Springs tomorrow...

#Nervous&Excited

NickPicks likes this.
  5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Backmount or Sidemount?

Have fun:)

6. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

Sidemount. We actually dived Peacock Springs today. Ginnie tomorrow. It was awesome. What a place!!

7. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

8. timmyg

timmyg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Wibble likes this.
  9. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Tried out my new pocketed weight belt in the pool today; only a couple of kg in it but it felt absolutely fixed with the grippy surface. I'm told that quarries are now around 18 degrees, which means that the under suit can go. I'm much happier in a dry suit now and I really want to crack it this year so that my Skye liveaboard next May will be enjoyable rather than a challenge. I think that I've found a mid-week buddy; which is great.

NickPicks and splinter like this.
  10. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

I couldn't do photos at Ginnie, I was too busy holding on! Quite a flow and very different to the mines back home. Glad I went with a local instructor who knew his way around. It was crazy/scary/beautiful/brilliant... And that was just the gold line!

11. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

I couldn't do photos at Ginnie, I was too busy holding on! Quite a flow and very different to the mines back home. Glad I went with a local instructor who knew his way around. It was crazy/scary/beautiful/brilliant... And that

12. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

(sorry, no idea why the dodgy American 3rd world Internet reposted half my last message)

13. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

Got the little one down to Sump 2 in Swildon’s today. Very proud of her.

Even though water levels were very low so it was more of a duck than a free-dive, I wasn’t sure that I was going to get her to go through Sump 1, but she did it with only about 30 seconds of fussing and psyching herself up.

What annoyed me to follow.

Wibble and splinter like this.
  14. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

How was she climbing up the waterfall with the rope - or did you bring a folding ladder?

15. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

Laddered it - the SRT plan was for the Forty (8’ one you talked about is the bottom of it), which we’ll leave for another day. Had to go further in to deposit cylinders.

16. Leeb2018

Leeb2018 Member

Well happy just back from Croatia now decompression and advance nitroxs qulified.

But have decided twin sets are too limiting for the diving I do. So hopefully picking up my rebreather tomorrow.

Now I think its time to sell the twin set up.

Dave Whitlow and John F like this.
  17. Nile

Nile New Member

From experience keep the twin-set, it's handy as a air/dill/O2 bank if you need it, and the twin-set regulators are usefull as stage regs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

18. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Which box are you going for? Any particular reason for that choice?

19. John F

John F Member

Nice one Lee, well done. Might be going to Stoney next month, will give you a call when I know for sure.
    John.

20. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactly what diving are you doing that means twinsets are limiting you. If you are qualified as Adv nitrox and deco procedures then i think you are qualified to 45m on a weak nitrox mix and a single deco gas. This is pretty much the most entry level tech course so there is a lot more you can do with a twinset but it will require more training and certainly more experience.

I'm not saying don't buy a rebreather, there are some good reasons for having a rebreather but the equipment is not what's limiting you.

It may be incompatible with the diving you do e.g. long walks to dive site etc. that is a different kettle of fish altogether but i can't see a rebreather really helping with that.