1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The What Annoyed Me Today Thread

Discussion in 'Off Gassing' started by Doomanic, Jun 15, 2009.

1. puddle fish

puddle fish Well-Known Member

After almost a year off with a shoulder injury was hopping to see the surgeon next week for the OK to resume diving. The appt been cancelled until mid Jan, no new years dive then I guess it will be Easter before my buddies get in anyway.

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Can't do a like for that. Feel for you. My wife constantly suffers from shoulder issues that just seem to come and go.

Hope it gets better. You're more than welcome to come along with us if we're diving.

3. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

Effing boiler has broken down in the new house, and Spanish winters are cold. I guess we will have to find a warm bar in which to celebrate New Year.

4. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

We're having a heatwave over here. Toasty warm!

5. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

You live in Spain now???

6. furryman

furryman hmmmm

That's the plan... young laddo is in Mexico, all my UK relatives are dead... only people like you to keep me here. A furexit is in progress.

7. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

Lucky bugger. You don't need an older, fatter, pseudo-son to keep you company by any chance?

8. furryman

furryman hmmmm

My wife might complain...

JohnL likes this.
  9. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Went for a dive in Eccy Delph today - well tried to dive but just couldn't get down even after borrowing a couple of kg from a passing diver. I think that I've got to bite the bullet and go fully kitted for cold water in the nice warm pool on a club night and play with weights until I can sort out weighting for different thermal layers. It will be a Turkish bath, but it will give the others a laugh. :whistling: The worst was that I was as warm as toast, so didn't need all the layers anyway!

10. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Last day of my holiday today, I’ve been touring the falklands, South Georgia, south Shetland, south Orkney islands and the Antarctic peninsula, I even got to take a dip in the sea at 64° south

furryman, jps, NickPicks and 2 others like this.
  11. Griffalo

Griffalo Active Member

Not 64°C though I suppose..

12. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Most certainly wasn’t

13. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Getting the kit ready to go to the pool and noticed that the dump valve on the dry suit was jammed - yes, I know I should have spotted that in the buddy check. As I'm hopeless with anything practical, it will join a cylinder and regs for a service next week. Somebody suggested that it was probably clogged with talc.

14. Cybes

Cybes Active Member

Hello John, you need to get a JohnL badge on your suit or wear a UK Divers hat. It was a friend of mine who lent you the weight. I think I bumped into you when I was leaving the water. It would have been good to have had a chat.
    You didn't miss much in the Delph. It was my first time in this year and I was doing the same weight check in winter woolies as you were. It always surprises me how much extra weight i need.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

15. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Do you mean the JohnL badge on my drysuit or the larger one on my cylinder. :joyful:

16. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

5mm neo suit and cold hands.

17. Cybes

Cybes Active Member

Then again, maybe I need glasses

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

18. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Pleased/miffed I've called a dive for tomorrow. Too many things going wrong and not in the right frame of mind. My drysuit's sprung a significant hole in the sock last night in the pool and going back to the menders on Saturday, so I'm back to the old suit which I'm unsure of the undersuit I'll need and buoyancy characteristics. My back's playing up on account of lugging twinsets and cylinders around and has got worse since last night's club pool night. The weather's looking iffy, so unlikely to get a brilliant dive. No second dive and a probability that the dive's a 1 hour and return to shot profile. I've a ton of work on at work and could do with another day in the office. As there's another two going, I can bail out and leave them to it.

Would normally put up, but happier to bin it.

Hopefully plenty of other dives to do in the sea this year....

Oh, and our dive planned for yesterday out of Brighton was binned due to the weather.

19. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Where was you due to dive ?

20. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Friday's dive is out of Dover