1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The What Annoyed Me Today Thread

Discussion in 'Off Gassing' started by Doomanic, Jun 15, 2009.

1. splinter

splinter Active Member

The boat can pick up at Oban too depending on the weather. Could still be tricky, but nothing ventured and all that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

Double dose of severe annoyance today:

1) Broke my camera by exceeding it’s depth rating. Particularly irksome as I’ve been a fair bit deeper with it in the past and no issues.

2) Got a very wet torso. Not sure if it’s the inflator, the zip or some other mysterious water source. But I’m really not very pleased.

3. John F

John F Member

More down then annoyed, did the last two dives today of a week diving the Zenobia.
    Fantastic wreck, good vis and water at 24 degrees.
    Now back to work and cold wet days.
    Still I suppose that’s what pays for the trips abroad.

Graysyid, JohnL and Tribal Chestnut like this.
  4. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

Sounds wonderful (not the work bit!).

Keep meaning to arrange a trip there.

5. John F

John F Member

You should do it. It has to be in the top 10 worldwide, I would think.
    One thing that did surprise me was, one day we were blown out on the wreck, so did a couple of shore dives in a shelter bay, we could not believe how little life there was, a hand full of small fish, not one crab of starfish. It shows how over fished the Med is. Loads of fish on the wreck but nothing anywhere else.

6. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

I’ve been to Malta twice this year and the lack of life still surprises me. A fair few small fish, the odd moray, cuttlefish or octopus, an occasional starfish, some jellyfish and shit loads of those horrible fire worm things.

Compared to over here where there seems to be loads of life, when you can see it (I’m allowed to say that having done less than ten dives in the sea around the UK this year).

John F likes this.
  7. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Too many tourists eating the fish. The Caribbean islands that I've dived are similar, with little respect to marine reserves - in Barbados, one of the jobs for our guide each dive was to open the fish traps and let the fish escape.

8. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

Over Friday night I somehow managed to sprain my right knee. A trip to the quacks confirmed this so it was time to rest, elevate and ice. Copious amounts of Ibuprofen and Co-Codamol were consumed and things looked to be returning to normal so yesterday I returned to work to be given a job climbing up and down ladders and clambering on and off the fork lift. :rolleyes: An hour later I'm back home with an icepack in place...:bang head:
    Today isn't looking much better.:(

9. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Having been there, the most important of all is keeping the leg elevated - don't miss a chance, having a coffee - up on another chair, watching television, ditto. You might look like a plonker, but it allows the joint to sort itself out. Best of luck.

10. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Elevate but support the knee to stop it wanting to bend backwards, maybe even keep the knee marginally bent. I folded my knee the wrong way as a child and am now very slightly hyper mobile on one knee so it’s something to watch out for, if you put your foot up just only have it supported at the foot the weight of the leg hanging down may stress the knee the wrong way

11. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

Thanks Jason, I'd found that supporting my leg under the calf was more beneficial and your post confirms it.

12. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

PAYE I hope! GWS....

Doomanic likes this.