1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The What Annoyed Me Today Thread

Discussion in 'Off Gassing' started by Doomanic, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

No one's going to believe that! :woot:

splinter and barrygoss like this.
  2. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Pretty much 24 hours solid travelling and i’m knackered. Currently in Bali at midnight and I’m wide awake.

3. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

First world problems eh? They're the worst... ;)

4. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

The ones that matter believe it, the rest can go F*** themselves :p

5. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

Today’s planned trip went to shit.

Felt wanky walking to the site with my gear, then even worse when U started climbing, clambering and crawling.

I had absolutely no strength and was forcing myself onwards. Almost walked off a little 3m high waterfall as I was just trudging on blindly.

Gave up after about an hour or so and dumped most of the gear that I was carrying, caught up with the guy I was with and helped him set up for a short dive.

On the way back I almost fell a few times when climbing as my arms couldn’t really hold my weight.

I had a wonderful plan for today but let it all go to bollocks. Rather disappointing.

6. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Hope you feel better after a night's kip.

Tribal Chestnut likes this.
  7. splinter

splinter Active Member

Looks like my old OSTC is toast. The screen isn't fixable. They've offered me a replacement OSTC2 trimix version for €550, so looks like an early birthday present is on the cards.

They've agreed to send the old one back, so you're welcome to the case. Should be back in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know when I get it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jb2cool likes this.
  8. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

3 things:

Welsh flies, midges, etc.

People that struggle to drive properly - if you’re a c**t, leave the car keys at home and walk.

People that cannot get their act together and fanny about wasting everyone’s time, before throwing the towel in anyway. Stay at home, smoke another fucking joint and stop pretending, you’ll find it easier.

9. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Not having a good day, then :whistling: My son-in-law says - lovely people, the Welsh, they just can't drive.

10. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

Probably some truth to that, but it was the English part of the M4 that made my day.

It wasn’t all bad, but having a good bleat makes me feel better. :)

11. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

I agree, I hate the M4, aggressive twats use it. We regularly visited Caerphilly from North Suffolk and we went A14, M5, M50 - it took a bit longer but avoided the M25 and M4 so made for a more relaxing drive. Now, in our new house, daughter/SIL live 60m North of us - 1hr20m, or 3hr in the rush hour - M6 SWOT.

12. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Or not :depressed:. Others have pulled out and the organiser feels that it's too close to springs.

13. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Hate it when that happens, if only there was some way we could work out springs :p

jb2cool likes this.
  14. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

But springs was Sunday?!? Weds is springs+3 -- or neaps-4 if you're glass half full.

BTW there's a thing called the Tidal Coefficient which uses a number to show how 'springy' the tide is - the bigger the number the more springy it is. The French use this all the time but for some reason we rarely do in the UK. Loads of charts available on t'internets such as this one: https://tides4fishing.com/tides/tidal-coefficient

15. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Working from home today; just received a phone call from a person from the sub-continent telling me about all the viruses running on my machine.

For the hell of it I strung them on for a while and they got me to run "eventvwr" and said that all the (perfectly normal) events were evidence of viruses and that they'd help me clean them. Hmm, yeah right.

As we all know the best form of anti-virus is to not use Windows connected to the internet.

It's so sad that these bastards are playing this game looking for people to con. At least I stopped them for 10 minutes.

Graysyid likes this.
  16. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I just do it old school and compare the height difference between low and high water springs vs neaps.
    Bit like gas planning, once you've done a few dives, especially with a bit of local knowledge it's easy to
    see how bad a spring is well in advance.
    Mind the easiest way is to be wary of weekends where a lot of boats (even the most popular ones) have
    spaces :p

17. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

To be fair, it was meant to be a boat dive, which would have been a drift, but the rib is at the doctors. :hurting: