1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The What Annoyed Me Today Thread

Discussion in 'Off Gassing' started by Doomanic, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

To expand on my last response now I’ve calmed down, Prague is ok but we won’t be doing a second visit. So far only Roma is in the running for a return trip.

2. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Found a visit to Prague was ok apart from the drunk English fan singing a song about F'ing Arsenal at the top of his voice in the bar of the 4-star hotel where we were staying. Budapest seemed more scary with aggressive selling to tourists on the streets. Our favourite European city is Vienna that we've been to many times and never tire.

3. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

Off for another day playing hunt-the-will at Mum’s house.
    Attending Training courses in filing should be made a mandatory condition of receiving a state pension!
    :(

JohnL likes this.
  4. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Been somewhere similar with uncle who died in Lanzarote, two wills leaving Spanish and English assets to different beneficiaries. Query, English will not properly drawn up (I was one of the beneficiaries). And so on and so on - happy days.
    Hope that it turns up and, everybody on the forum - spend a bit of money with a lawyer, who will ensure that any money you foolishly have left when you leave this mortal coil goes to the people you want (and never to the government!) and who will file the will in a central repository, where your relatives can retrieve it. Also, when you are approaching pension age, sort out two enduring powers of attorney (health and finance) for similar reasons. We've recently done this and can now die happy (but not yet :jawdrop:)

furryman, Tribal Chestnut and Big Joe like this.
  5. furryman

furryman hmmmm

And just to add... tell the prospective Executors where the updated will is kept! at home, with solicitor, in the dog's bed etc etc etc...)

JohnL likes this.
  6. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Had a bunged up ear for the past week since my last dive :sorry:

Was slightly congested when I went for a puddle jump in Wraysbury's delightful 4 degrees last weekend. For navigation, needed to pop up to the surface from 6m to get a bearing a couple of hundred metres away. Slow ascent, fine. The descent I had problems clearing so went up, down, up, down, eventually it cleared. Bog standard stuff.

Alas I think some gunge went up the eustacion tube and into the inner ear. It's definitely sitting against the ear drum and so am a bit deaf in that ear. No problems with clearing and the eardrum isn't ruptured.

Been to the quack's and it's a waiting game. :nurse: They reckon a week or two. Now a week and no change.

Was hoping to find a head angle to try and get the gunge to drain, but to no avail.

So no diving for me for a while

Concerned about a booked dive on the 10th. :grumpy:

7. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Well-Known Member

I find inhaling steam and menthol helpful. Menthol BP costs very little and a few crystals dropped into hot water and inhaled works wonders.

8. Griffalo

Griffalo Active Member

Have you tried a Neti Pot? They work for me. You can get them on Amazon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. puddle fish

puddle fish Well-Known Member

inhaling steam and a sauna helps

10. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Does steam, methol, rinsing etc help clear the inner ear? My Eustachian tube is open as I can 'pop' the eardrum by opening my throat (Vaslava movement?). The problem is the gunge that doesn't appear to move even when I sleep on my side.

Happy to give these suggestions a go if it'll benefit the inner ear.

11. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Well-Known Member

Nothing reaches the inner ear as that is already fluid filled (I suggest you have a look at the anatomy of the ear). Problems with the inner ear are a whole different experience and, apart from the potential permanence of problems, can have interesting effects on balance (I tried it once and didn't like it).

Steam and menthol shifts gunge. Using them does no harm and might help shift the gunge from your middle ear (the bit behind the ear drum). I also find the inhalers can make a useful contribution.

12. jps

jps Active Member
    UKD Supporter

I had a middle ear infection resulting in terrible vertigo. Not being able to hear much was the least of my worries.

On the good side I got a fortnight off work with it :nurse:

13. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Middle ear - that's the one.

I'll pop down to the chemist later. Have ordered som Tiger Balm as well

As a freelancer, a couple of weeks off isn't something I'd look forward too!

jps likes this.
  14. furryman

furryman hmmmm

Walking down Las Vegas Boulevard, I see redneck coming towards me wearing a tee shirt, with a silhouette of an AR15 assault rifle on it. Underneath are the words “This is just a tool”.

So wrong, but so right on so many different levels.

15. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Is he a teacher?

16. furryman

furryman hmmmm

No. Just a tool.

17. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Middle ear's not cleared up. Went to the doctors and she said it'll take 4 to 8 weeks to clear up.:nurse:

So now need to start cancelling dive trips :sorry:

---
    There's some gunge in the middle ear which is affecting my hearing. I can clear my ears, so the Eustachian tube's not blocked. Concern is that diving with it might antagonise things and there's a risk of a reverse block.

Apparently the body absorbs the mucus, but it takes a good while to do this.

Has anyone else had this?

18. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

What a bugger - hope that it's four weeks for you.

19. puddle fish

puddle fish Well-Known Member

is it like glue ear?

20. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

My local puddle is closed tomorrow... I need to go diving... what do I do???