1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The What Annoyed Me Today Thread

Discussion in 'Off Gassing' started by Doomanic, Jun 15, 2009.

1. hawk

hawk Doing It Rong
    UKD Supporter

I'm sure I remember everyone singing the praises of Apeks valves when they came out - has something changed or was everyone wrong.

I have Halcyon and MDE on my tins and both have performed without any issues and are super smooth.

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

My Apeks-valved twinset is in because of a valve fault. The main 'bolt' snapped in half.

3. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Having been advised that Apeks was the way to go about a year ago on the forum, I was wondering the same thing.:facepalm:

4. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

John,
    The regulators themselves are fine, people here are discussing their cylinder valves/manifolds.

JohnL likes this.
  5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Not happy as the whole RH valve needed replacing, so £104 including clean.

6. timmyg

timmyg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I've had zero issues with mine.

Touch wood....

TG

Sent from my iPhone using timmytalk

7. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Active Member
    UKD Supporter

Daughter's new (to her) dry-suit leaked today, leaving her really rather cold, wet and disappointed.

Couldn't convince her to get in for a second dive in her wetsuit.

It meant we didn't really get a chance to play with the suit and how to dive with it.

It's not quite enough to warrant a post in the 'cheered me up' thread, but aside from a wet arm (very very poor repair by O3) my old MSF500 did the job more than adequately on my little afternoon dive.

8. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

How bad was her leak? Is it obvious where it's coming in from? Fixable by you, or off to a menderologist?

Or does she want daddy to buy a boat now?

Waiting for mine to get back this week with two new socks. Had around 250 dives in it and the sock's been steadily letting in more water. Better to get it done now than come a cropper in the winter.

9. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

Appears to be the crotch area and a little around the inflation valve. The suit needs the cuff seals to be replaced & it has a cuff dump which I'm thinking about changing, so I could get any leaks dealt with & have it tested when I send it off for those jobs to be done.

10. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

You've done better than me; having paid for an OW course for daughter/son-in-law in Barbados, she's announced that she never wants to dive in cold UK waters. Hope that they can find jobs that can finance the holidays.:whistling:

11. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

I'm hoping that I can coax her into the balmy waters of NDAC next weekend...

12. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

Parcel Force are a useless bunch of cunts.

13. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

My new fave is DPD

Delivery can be watched via an app which tracks the drivers route and drops in real time.
    Had a parcel delivery yesterday and it was bang on what it said :)

14. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Why's that then?

15. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

I like DPD. Also, their depot is about 3 miles away, whereas I need to fight my way around the North fucking Circular to get to Parcel Farce.

And I can't even fit the fucking parcel in my rucksack or tail pack, so cannot go by bike.

@Wibble . Missed delivery today, they will 'attempt' to redeliver tomorrow. No option to leave with neighbour, in a safe place, etc.

The cunts will try, the cunts will fail, this angry tosser with have to do a good 2hr+ R/T on Friday night as it won't be available for collection tomorrow night.

Fucking livid.

16. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Well-Known Member

Today was our wedding anniversary and missus wanted to go out with me wearing something other than shorts and sandals. As summer is fading the grown-up trousers drawer was opened. Many of the contents are in there because they were too small. Having lost weight I gleefully recovered a pair I once favoured. Oops! Too bloody big. So much for their future! Found something adequate and now dread the next visit. Safely back in shorts now :)

17. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

Just pop some socks on if she wants a bit of variation.

18. hawk

hawk Doing It Rong
    UKD Supporter

The nearest dealership for my motorbike is over 2 hours away (by bike) and after spending the day there last month to have it serviced I had to go back for some warranty work (rear master cylinder).

I also asked them to fit a new headlight bulb as this had blown. I was charged £106 + VAT for the bulb (HID with integrated ballast) and an hour's labour to fit it.

Driving home, the ABS light came on so I need to get back down there a-fucking-gain!

19. NickPicks

NickPicks Active Member

I know it goes against the grain, but won't they deliver to a local post office if you pay them £1?

Obviously, I know there aren't that many "local" post offices about nowadays, but it's at least closer than the PF depot.

20. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

What bike is it? I had a succession of Hondas and then a BMW over ten years with no problems at all (other than a VFR written off while parked!) - the Hondas, I gave up checking the oil as the level never changed.