1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The What Annoyed Me Today Thread

Discussion in 'Off Gassing' started by Doomanic, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Doomanic

Doomanic Dinosaur Wrangler
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear that. :(

hawk likes this.
  2. Andy Stevenson

Andy Stevenson Administrator

Worst thing in the world. My sympathies.

hawk likes this.
  3. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

A sad day to loose a member of the family. What was he/she like?

hawk likes this.
  4. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Always hard to face but the kindest thing to do; our two cats rule the roost. Only seven legs but "tripod" was outside the back door eating bunny this morning, so his hunting skills are still there. He used to bring them into the cottage to eat but has had too many stolen from him by staff members. :wtf:

Wibble and hawk like this.
  5. hawk

hawk Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

You are right to refer to her as a member of the family - that's exactly what she was.

Maggie (Mags) was a 12 stone Great Dane and she has left a big hole in more than one way

Wibble and JohnL like this.
  6. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

I consider myself lucky over the years I've been very light on equipment and can't remember having anything fail tests or need an in the field fix.

My time has come thou , 3 ltr O2 in for testing , valves failed. Less than 2 years old.

Dived at stoney Sunday and my cells , cell 2 particularly didn't look right, calibrated a bit high. Phone call to AP , email them the dive files , bah me and pooters don't agree but off the 2 dive files go. Email back send all 3 cells in for testing. Remove them cell 1 & 2 are green on the connection.

All bits, valves and cells are now with AP for testing inspection. Hopefully I'll post in the what cheered me up when it's all fixed! Preferably before the 30th as I'm off to sunny weymuff.

7. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Tortoise got a bit excited when running around the house last night so started humping the foot of the chair in the office and jizzed all over the carpet.

Dirty boy!

Wibble likes this.
  8. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Active Member
    UKD Supporter

Failed miserably to back-fin with a stage.

9. Major Clanger

Major Clanger P-Plated Meg Diver

My ex ex wife turned up unannounced and sat next to me. It looked rough for its age and slithered off after 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Joe likes this.
  10. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Active Member
    UKD Supporter

Thankfully that's not something I have to worry about with mine.

Edit: hang on a sec, if she's your 'ex' ex wife, that must mean you remarried her.

Wibble and Griffalo like this.
  11. clique

clique Active Member

British Summer Time.

I've now got to get up an hour early for work :inpain:

12. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

Just did my regular check of our club website, and the facebook gallery widget has broken. The buggers at facebook seem to make it harder and harder to link to a whole set of photos in a pretty way, and it really winds me up, as when they first let people do it, I deleted our old gallery... Grrrrrrrrrrr.

13. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Does the widget work for the 5 billion people who don't "belong" to Zukkerburg's advertising and tracking network?

Maybe you should use another -- more open -- platform for hosting your pictures.

14. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

It did, yes, as they are 'public' images through privacy settings. What they have changed is a call on multiple photos on a widget like that from working if it is from an outside website, which now effectively restricts it in the way you describe. It's always worked before. It doesn't work now (even for me and I'm the FB page owner!)