1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Little Dumpling Uses Her Drysuit

Discussion in 'Dry Suits' started by Tribal Chestnut, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

Couple of great dives in sunny Tiddenham today with the little Dumpling.

First proper dives in her dry suit after receiving it back from Otter.

I won’t class her misadventure with it back in Dec as a dive, as that was only a few minutes before realising she was far too cold and wet to continue.

She is much happier now with socks and baseball boots, a shoulder dump and the luxury of a pocket.....although the darn thing is still leaking. This time it appears to be through the inflator so I need to see if I can easily swap the dodgy old Apeks valve for a Sitech one that I have floating about.

Wet forearms too, but due to a wrist problem so it seems like dry gloves will be the only solution here.

However, she was really happy in it and her buoyancy was great. Practiced some ascents, inversions, DS only for buoyancy/DS+BCD and a few other things and all went super smoothly. Only little glitch was popping up from about 5 to 2m towards the end of our second dive, but she recovered that ok & dropped back down.

We didn’t get around to having a go at the hose disconnect/reconnect but will do that next time.

As it stands, I’d be more than happy to take her in the sea using it for our planned trip at the end of next month.

Wibble, jps, JohnL and 1 other person like this.
  2. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Is that nickname known to her friends - my daughter would kill me? :muted:

Tribal Chestnut likes this.
  3. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

She probably will when she’s bigger.

4. Tribal Chestnut

UKD Supporter

Suit has been dropped off at Hammond for some cuff alterations and to have the inflator swapped for a spare Sitech one that I had lying around.

So far so good with Hammond - nice to deal with and I can get there in under an hour.