1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The GUE Valve Drill

Discussion in 'DIR Diving' started by Gareth Burrows, Oct 25, 2010.

1. bobdob

bobdob Active Member

I gave the "turn valve whilst waving torch" bit of this shut down drill a go today as I was bimbling along the 20m shelf at Stoney, I wanted to see if it was akin to "pat head, rub stomach" as I asked earlier in this thread. It certainly didn't seem right at first, but did become quite easy after several goes. I'll have to give the full drill a go next time I pass a convenient platform.

It was quite frustrating to find that my left post didn't want to turn off initially, it seemed to be completely seized, even though it was perfectly smooth when I'd turned it on. I managed to free it eventually using both hands (while still looking fabulous :) ), after which it was perfectly fine. I've put it down to "sod's law", no chance it was user error ;) Even though the manifold has been serviced recently, I feel a bit of valve fettling coming on to while away the cold winter nights.