1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Autumn GUE Experience Day 2011

Discussion in 'DIR Diving' started by Gareth Burrows, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Gareth Burrows

Gareth Burrows Super Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Interested or curious about GUE but never had the opportunity to see what the fuss is about or ask questions from people that will give you straight answers. Maybe you just fancy a cheap day's instruction to sort out that frog kick or find out what the hell is going on with your buoyancy?

Then this day is for you.

Not only will you have a great laugh, you will receive guidance on your diving skills, video feedback and tips on how to improve, and an insight into the GUE style of diving, without having to make a heavy investment in time or money. This day is scheduled for the 29th October at NDAC.

The event will be for already qualified recreational or technical divers who are interested or curious about GUE but haven't attended an event like this before. It doesn't matter if you wear a single tank or a twinset, whether you use a BCD or a wing. It doesn't matter who trained you or how. We will create a friendly environment where people feel free to ask whatever questions like they like, and to watch demonstrations of the skills we teach, and even get some video feedback and advice on their own skills - without being bombarded with loads of GUE people.

We will be covering the following

• Discussion - The Origins and Goals of GUE
    • Discussion - The strengths and techniques of Buoyancy Control
    • Dive 1 - Demonstration of Trim and buoyancy control
    • Dive 1 - practice and video of trim and buoyancy control with in water feedback
    • Dive 1 - Ascent with stops practice
    • Discussion and hands-on - Kit Configuration
    • Discussion - Why team diving?
    • Dive 2 - SMB Demonstration
    • Dive 2 - Valve Drill Demonstration
    • Dive 2 - Ascent with stops practice
    • video Feedback for all divers
    • Q&A

Pricing
    Organising several of these events throughout the year costs a significant amount of time and money. Nonetheless, I feel it important that these events continue to be run as non-profit. So the small registration feee is there to encourage those who sign up to turn up, and also to cover some of the direct costs of organising the event. Other than these direct costs, all proceeds from the event will go to the RNLI.

Registration
    To attend this event, all you need to do is register at DiveDIR. To register you will need to make your £25 payment through paypal. If anyone is not happy with this, please contact me and I will provide you with alternatives.

Logistics
    The day will kick off at 0845 promptly, and we will wrap up around 5pm. If anyone needs accommodation, I can recommend the Wigwams on site at The National Diving & Activity Centre - Inland Dive and Activity Site, or if they want a nice breakfast the Parkfield7 B&B at Bed and Breakfast Accommodation - Wye Valley | Parkfield7. the day will be run by myself with James Sanderson. I will also have a few people around for HSE purposes, including video / safety divers.

These events are always a great laugh, and people seem to get a lot out of them. Here's what they have said in the past...

I hope to see you there. If anyone has any questions, just drop me a line at garf at gue.com