1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testing

Discussion in 'Testing Forum' started by Zok, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Zok

Zok Member

2. sazza

sazza New Member

lol yup looks like its working, but how come you got that pic to upload its refusing all mine...........wanted to upload some of the kerris ones.....

3. nottrikk

nottrikk Member

let's try one of mine

[​IMG]

Yep, mine seem to be working too, are you using the photo link on the top of the box Sazza? It's next to the hyperlink button.

4. Air-Guzzler

Air-Guzzler Cannot spel and I cannut delet your post :-)

5. SPEEDDEMON

SPEEDDEMON Member

I cant see and photos, just little boxes with red squares in them..

6. sazza

sazza New Member

no guys im not with you what photo link what hyperlink all i see is the attachment option at the bottom of the page....

for example to add this pic rather than just doing a normal browse, add attachment then click the link to add attachement to post i first have to shrink it down using the website someone gave me which is an arse....

sp come on some one give me step by step as im in the posting screen and there aint no hyper link or photolink i can see

7. nottrikk

nottrikk Member

Hi Sazza,

OK, here goes. The step by step posting of a photo.

Firstly, your photo needs to be on't interweb in the first place in some form or another. You can't show pictures straight from your hard drive (as far as I am aware). I personally use photobucket as a hosting site. They are very good and quite fast to upload photos (not great for video however, that takes an age and a half).

Once it is hosted you will need to do one of two things...

If you do join photobucket, then this will be done for you, each photo will look something like this...

[​IMG]

All you need to do is copy and paste the IMG code into your text window...

[​IMG]

which should look something like this
    [ IMG ]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Nottrikk/Diving%20in%20Kenya/photobuckethighlight.jpg[ /IMG ] (without the spaces inside the square brackets)

The other thing you could do (and one that you might need to do if you aren't using a hosting site that shows you the IMG code to cut and paste) is to use the photo button...

[​IMG]

which should bring up a new window that looks like this...

[​IMG]

You then type in the URL (the webpage) of the photo and it should come up in your post.

Have a play with it and see which way you prefer.

To add a hyperlink (like I did with the photobucket link), you need to click the hyperlink button Located next to the picture button [​IMG] which will bring up a window similar to the photo window (above)...

[​IMG]

you will then be asked to input your website address. Click OK once you've done this, then it will ask you what you want to call this link (if you don't want to give it a name, leave the field blank)...

[​IMG]

And that should be that. If you need any help on the step by steps, let me know and I'll be happy to help. That does go for anyone by the way... I may not be the worlds best diver, but I can do other things quite well.:D :D :D

8. nottrikk

nottrikk Member

One thing i forgot to mention, If you do put photos in your posts, it is alays a good idea to preview the message before you post it. This will give you an idea of the formatting of the post and photo before it goes live on the board

9. sazza

sazza New Member

oh bless thank you,

hmmm not that i'll be able to cope with that little lot (dumb you see only just about capable of using a computer)...

and i think the main thing is you said up cant upload from your hard drive which seems somewhat daft to me.........

i dont want an online photo thingy and most peeps who do tend to just post the link rather than upload ....which makes the new system in my little world somewhat back to front...

hmmm.....thanks for the help anyway at least i know why now!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. nottrikk

nottrikk Member

Well, you may be able to upload directly to the site, but if it is indeed possible, I'm not sure how to do it.

I might have a play around and see if I can make it happen.

11. nottrikk

nottrikk Member

let's try this method of doing it.

Well that seems to work OK. The attachment feature must have been fixed since I last tried it. So, this is a slightly easier method of dong it, but be aware that you will only have a finite amount of space to upload photos. If you want my opinion, it's better to get them hosted and that way, you won't need to bother with the file size upload limit etc.

Oh and by the way, that was me after a particularly heavy night on the beer. (not joking, that really is me)

12. sazza

sazza New Member

well just tried again at least i got a message this time rather than nothing ....file to large..... oh well....just have to re size everything......:p:p:p

13. Daphne

Daphne New Member

testing one two three...

14. Bobco

Bobco Active Member

Hi Daphne, how's the little one