1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunken Village

Discussion in 'Diving Trips and Locations' started by sira, Mar 18, 2008.

1. sira

sira New Member

Ok AG I am sorry you fat git!

2. countshagula

countshagula Member

There IS one in Bewl water, the only way to find it is with your head.
    It was like diving in oxtail soup. :scared:

3. Baz

Baz Active Member

Met a new OW diver who works for one of the water boards, he seemed to think he might be able to get permission to group dive some sites not usually open to the public.

Hopefully i should see him next week and get some more info.

4. Argonaut

Argonaut Member

AS mentioned I pushed question to Welsh Water ... they gave official answer ....

"You can dive at Llandegfedd and Llysyfran Reservoirs again as part of an organised group.

For more details please look at DCWW’s website :

http://www.dwrcymru.co.uk/english/community/recreation/index.asp"

I did look at web site and there are 81 reservoirs listed, and they only authorise diving at the 2 named above, and interestingly only with advance written permission and you must be a BSAC or WASAC club.

My local PADI crowd use Lliw reservoir frequently for Rescue courses and training dives ... and Lliw isn't even listed !

5. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf Well-Known Member

Not for me then. I am a vegetarian. Thumbs Up

6. Oregon Diver

Oregon Diver New Member

Hello, I have been wanting to explore diving this area and found this forum. Being from Oregon (West coast above California), we have few resources here for such explore. Is diving this historic area wonderful and historic? Thanks for any response.

7. Timbo16565

Timbo16565 New Member

Its Wonderful and bloody cold!!

8. Suffolkmatireland

Suffolkmatireland New Member

Well this thread has answered my questions, which is how i found the board in the first place!

9. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

The one in Italy mentioned is probably Capo D’acqua. The viz there is stunning. I did it one a three day trip to Rome. It’s a couple of hours drive:

Bewl’s old website also used to say organised dive trips with a club and surface cover were okay with prior permission, though the resevoir grounds are now owned by that Sullivan bloke who owns West Ham football club, and the first thing he did was evict the long standing sailing club, so I doubt he is very amenable...

Plus, like others have said, the water is like gravy.

Lots of fish in it though.

When I was a kid I did a try dive with Tunbridge Wells BSAC in Bewl, but they had made a scaffolding and plastic enclosed area and had a filter or had somehow managed to settle out the muck. I could see in the water, but not past the plastic.

It was years ago though and never seen divers there since.

10. Suffolkmatireland

Suffolkmatireland New Member