1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St Lucia dive sites

Discussion in 'Diving Trips and Locations' started by phantomlurker, Feb 8, 2018.

1. phantomlurker

phantomlurker Member

Hi all,
    I'm off on my first Caribbean dive trip (although the finance director insists on calling it a honeymoon) at the beginning of March, to St Lucia. Just wondered if anyone on here can point out their favourite dives on the island?

I've been in contact with a couple of companies on the island, and it seems that in March they don't do any of the northern dive sites due to conditions, so it'll likely be the Marine Reserve further down the coast. I'd like to do Superman's Flight and Fairyland, and maybe the Lesleen M wreck but open to other ideas...

Also any non-diving activity suggestions to keep the boss happy would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

2. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

On a honeymoon, you need suggestions of non-diving activities to keep the boss happy. :facepalm:

3. JasonP

JasonP Member

The northern sites in my experience had much worse viz. Further south, it was better. I think I went around February. It's a long time ago now.

4. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

I went with Island Divers at Anse Cochon - right next to the Lesleen M (look for the garden eels) - and did Superman's flight as well as the Pitons. Also went round both arms of Anse Cochon itself (seahorses on the southern arm).
    Thoroughly enjoyed it: nice scenic stuff with plenty of squidge. And I would certainly recommend Curtis and the team at Island Divers (they are based at the Ti Kaye resort, which is where we stayed - very much a honeymooney place (even for old farts like us!). We stayed twice, in April/May, so a little bit later in the year than you.

#4 furryman, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  5. phantomlurker

phantomlurker Member

Thanks, that's good to know. Apparently it's because the northern beaches are man-made and the sand flows away. I'm not sure how true this is, could just be that the sites are more exposed.

Thanks for the recommendation! We're staying further north and are planning on using Scuba Steve in Corinth as it's very close, has good reviews and we've been having good communications. But always good to have a backup! Cheers for the heads up on the dive sites, I guess we're at the whim of the operator, but many of the sites sound good. Did you do the wreck? I'd like to check it out...

6. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

Corinth looks like it would be a long trek down to Anse Cochon: those roads aren't the fastest!
    Lesleen M is small, and not really a "wreck" in the UK sense, but I would do it again. The garden eels were fun (and no I didn't eat them with mash and liquor @Wibble ).

7. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Cor blimey guv'nor!

8. StuartM

StuartM New Member

Anse Cochon was my first ever dive, it's what got me hooked.