1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound of Mull Lochaline Boat Charters

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by puddle fish, Aug 7, 2016.

1. puddle fish

puddle fish Well-Known Member

Absolutely fantastic time, the slightly overcast conditions and some heavy rain impacted the vis a bit, 7-12M. But fantastic dives heaps of soft corals loads of scallops and ended with baskers. Malcolm and David looked after us very well and the dive lodge is a great place to stay with very large kitchen and lounge we could all relax in the evening with no neighbors to disturb. We drew lots for the bedrooms as that was the fairest way to allocate them. We ended the week with celebration meal at the Whitehouse restaurant, the food is definitely not run of the mill and worth the money as a treat.
    We dived the Hispania, Thesis (twice), Calve Island, Shuna, Breda, scallop run, Pelican, then over to Coll and Tiree to dive/snorkel with the baskers. In the process of sorting the photos out.

Wibble likes this.
  2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Isn't it a wonderful place. Most definitely want to go back.

Was there a lot of fish life? Wasn't that much when we were there at the beginning of the season - 1st week in May.

Also, midges..?

3. puddle fish

We had a lot of repellent they stayed away, but not as bad as some places I guess the sea keeps them away. Fish life was low, Malcolm said it was mostly fished out, just a few large ling and cuckoo wras on the wrecks. The scallop run had more life with rays and an octopus, but not like the south coast where sometimes you cant see the wreck for the fish.

4. puddle fish

5. puddle fish

6. puddle fish

7. puddle fish

This is some of the footage from Scotland I dont normally take video. All the photos are on FB as they are too large to upload here.

8. snowman

snowman Active Member

Definitely right up there as some of the best diving in the UK, IMVHO.

We were supposed to do the Hisapania one day, but did the Breda instead. We were disappointed until we dived it!

Next day we did the Hispania and it was even better!

Great diving and a nice place to be too - My family and I actually rented the cottage by the ferry a few years before I took up diving!

[​IMG]

M.