1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smaller Rigs

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by joe90, Apr 14, 2018.

1. joe90

joe90 Member

Hi all,

A smaller friend of the lady variety has asked me to source a smaller set up for her, backplate and wing...

She's about 5"5 and fairly petite.

I was looking at the OxyCheq stuff as it seems reasonably priced and they do smaller sizes.

Has anybody any experience with it, good or bad?

Would like to know before I advise she parts with her moneys.

Thanks all,

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

2. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

You don’t need it, my girlfriend is 5’ 4” and uses a standard backplate, one or her friends is even shorter and really petite and she also uses a standard backplate. Bu going for non standard you are backing yourself into a corner

3. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

The backplate needs to support the cylinder(s) which won't change, certainly in height -- holes are generally 11" apart. The wing just counteracts the change in weight during the dive; gas and compression of exposure suit (if neoprene), so that's not dependent on the diver's size. Only the harness changes.

As @jb2cool says, it's not necessary.