1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selsey; diving from shore - tips

Discussion in 'Diving Trips and Locations' started by Wibble, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Likely to be diving off of Selsey on Saturday 28th July with another sidemount enthusiast who wants to do some kit fettling and checkout diving. I've never dived from there but have heard it's not bad around the old lifeboat station. Decided on diving in Selsey as it's closer than driving to Wraysbury and a lot more interesting!

This weekend's springs with HW at 1250. I believe that slack is HW-4, so around 0850.

So... Any info about:
    • where to park,
    • where to dive
    • timings for slack
    • diving hints regarding entrance or drifting, etc.

Again, if anyone wanted to join in you're welcome to. Let me know.

2. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Ask the dive shop down there, when I enquired they were v helpful. Still haven’t dived it though.

3. jps

jps Active Member
    UKD Supporter

Dived it a few times over the years.

Nice and easy place to dive. You can park on the road nearby.

Phone Mulberry divers 01243 601000 who are very helpfull with tides and other info.

4. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

I’ve only ever shore dived to need the old lifeboat station there. You can park on the road and just walk over the grass to get in.

Mulberry would be my first point of call. I don’t know what the deal is with the new lifeboat station but if it’s close to the old one then you may need an smb up throughout the dive.

Ever done the cannon site at seafood or the arm at newhaven? Not done them but they’d probably suit too

5. JasonP

JasonP Active Member

My advice would be to check the weather forecast. And then go to a puddle instead.

JohnL likes this.
  6. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

I've just had the weekend's sailing weather drop into my inbox...

7. JasonP

JasonP Active Member

Yeah, I was supposed to have two days out of Eastbourne. It is looking rather unlikely.

8. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Sunday in Capernwray doesn't look too bright with rain all day, but at least I don't have to worry about wind and waves. I'm hoping to dive off Anglesey next Wednesday; a Southerly of 17mph is forecast - haven't been there before but I assume that with an island we can find a site on the sheltered side.

9. John F

John F Member

I dive there quite a lot, with Mulbury divers. The vis is usually three or four meters, on a good day, and the old lifeboat station was knocked down last year. A shame as it was a very popular dive.

10. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Bloody Wraysbury it is...

jps likes this.