1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scubapro Regs MK18

Discussion in 'New to Scuba Diving' started by Leestickles, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Leestickles

Leestickles New Member

Scubapro MK18 + R390 & R290
    Hello Everyone

Im new to diving and just started training with a local BSAC group.

Really need some advice before spending my money.

I have just been offered the opportunity to buy a MK18 1st stage + R390 2nd stage & R290 Octo including twin Suunto consol.

Can anyone let me know how much this should be worth.

It apparently has only been used 5 times and does look as new.

Cheers

Lee

2. JSDiver

JSDiver Member

It would be about 400 probably new - so really depends on how old it is and how it's been stored. Unless you have absolute confidence in its history you would be well advised to get it serviced (£80 ish) so what are you prepared to pay taking that into account?

3. DaveS

DaveS Play nice. Enjoy UKD

I can't comment on the performance of the regs but you should make sure they're serviced even if they haven't been used that often. Quite often how they're stored can have a detrimental effect on the components..
    Suunto consoles have never let me down - I have 1 on each of my main regs.

4. Leestickles

Leestickles New Member

Well i was offered a Large dive bag, 2 masks both Tusa, snorkel, Aqualung Knife, reel + SMB, scubapro 3mm gloves & the Regs all for £220

It was a friend of a friend who has just packed it all in. All i need to do is test the regs out before handing over the money, hope they are as good as they look.

Thanks for the replies

Lee

5. Air-Guzzler

Air-Guzzler Cannot spel and I cannut delet your post :-)

if that includes the regs its not that bad a price
    A service wil cost about £80 inc parts

6. indyblade

indyblade Member

not that I know F All. but are they cold water rated.

tony

7. puddle fish

puddle fish Well-Known Member

I have the mk 18 they are a diaphragm first stage which is environmentally sealed, they are cold water rated and because they are sealed more resistant to freezing than the mk 25. I have found them to be excellent in their performance, used in 3c water with below freezing air temp saw several other regs free flow but mine were fine. I have the s600 2nd stage and bought new last year with a double gauge and r 295 octo they cost me £400. they are very similar to the mk 17 but they have a swivel turret that make hose routing easier.

The Mk 18 are made by scuba pro for the us navy and they make a set number each year at the end of the year they sell any that they have left over.