1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scubapro R095 coloured front covers

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by Alex Denny, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

Hi - does anyone know if scubapro make any coloured covers for R095 regs other than black or yellow? I don’t really mind what colours (green/red/blue) but I’m after something which won’t be mistaken for an octo or back gas. I could paint one but...

2. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

Ps - where could I order a couple if so? (Tinterweb is not playing ball but I know scubapro are secret squirrel about what they consider service parts)

3. taino

taino New Member

Sorry Pal, but you have to paint, there are no other colored covers but black and yellow for R095s, just for the S600 series....

4. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

5. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

Hi all - a quick follow up to the above. Any scubapro service technicians on here who could order me a black r095 cover? As it is officially a service part I can't order one direct...

Thanks!

6. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Any dive shop should be able to order this for you.

7. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

Yes - but I missed my LDS' order for a couple of months and the next nearest one doesn't do scubapro and sent me back to the same place. Doh!

8. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Leave the regs alone and change the hose protector and the mouthpiece.

Here's 4 colour options :)

9. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

Fair point. But it's not really me I'm worried about. I have some vinyl stickers I use to mark them up and clearly label the cylinders. I just think the purge being yellow makes it look like an octo to less experienced divers when it's not. Most of my back gas regs are black so the only yellow one could be tempting at 40m which would be a bit crap if it had 50% in it...

10. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

11. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

Exactly. But not yellow! Doh!

12. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Some people put white gaffe tape on the underside of the exhaust vent to write the MOD — Steve Martin's videos teach that.

Personally I don’t like that. I will always check from the stage cylinder analysis tape (i.e. white gaffa tape on the cylinder neck clearly marked with the percentage, analysis date and MOD if deco gas). I then follow from the first stage to the second to ensure it’s the right gas even if there’s only one cylinder. Many reasons for this, not least I frequently deco out on my own, it doesn’t take any extra time to be doubly certain it’s the right gas, it means I don’t rely on some second marking being correct, and I don’t develop "shortcuts" that could bite me later.

I don’t care about the colour of stage regs as it’s just not possible to have some OOG diver demanding gas *now* when I’m doing a deco dive and can’t give them my longhose reg. All deco trained divers know better about taking and breathing from a reg on a deco stage. By definition novices won’t be on that kind of dive.

13. Alex Denny

Alex Denny Active Member

I think maybe I just don’t like yellow! ;)

Agreed on your points. I also label with gaffe on the cylinders. I also have reg mouthpiece clips marked with MoD to stop me doing anything silly... I’m hoping to be doing some proper deco dives in Normandy next week, weather permitting!