1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scuba Insurance

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by Leeb2018, May 19, 2018.

1. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Croatia is good Diving and Tony is a good instructor. Did my mod1 with him. If your interested I expect the dive centre would be shark Diving , medulin. Nice bunch of people , good facilities and a bunch of wrecks , many 35-50 mtrs. Try to do the one that’s split in two and joined up by a bit of smb line. The Rosorol is good , the stern is better. That’s in two bits but not doable on one dive unless you’ve a scooter and know where to go. Baron gauch is excellent and you can do the whole wreck stern to bow inside.

Edit - looks like the smb line wreck is the Argo, 47 mtrs.

#21 Vanny, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. John F

John F Member

Hi Wibble,
    Yes I do realise that, but not having done any tec courses yet, I guess the only way to pick an instructor is be recommendations. So I am open to any.
    John.

3. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

I've been using Mark Powell with whom I'm very happy with.

We've recently had a discussion over the benefits of Fundies which I'd strongly recommend simply because it sorts out your basics which you will rely on in every 'tec' dive.... no, every dive! The big thing that all 'tec' courses will need is for you to do is be still in the water even if you're doing a shutdown drill. That's hard, but once mastered is the key to an easy life underwater. There are equivalents to Fundies, but AFAIAA none are as rigorous.

There's a few Fundies instructors available, all of whom are highly competent. @Herrhair is a fine chap.

BTW they used to do GUE experience days which are a real eye-opener. Not sure if there's one scheduled soon, maybe @Herrhair or @becky9 would know?

4. Leeb2018

Leeb2018 Member

vanny

Yes tony did mention going to shark diving. He tells me the vis and wrecks are good. He did tell me about the wreck you can penentrate all the way through and that if you need to get out of the wreck it is easy. I think that must be the Baron gauch.

5. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Baron Gautsch is great, covered in nudibranchs but interesting inside, only done it once but would love to do it again.