1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saturday diving in Scotland - west/east coast?

Discussion in 'Dive Buddy Finder' started by scot_scuba, Sep 26, 2017.

1. scot_scuba

scot_scuba New Member

Where shall we go today...pick of sites, no hassle to be there first...looking for regular diving buddies to go diving with in central-ish Scotland - Loch Long/Fyne/Linnhe, occasionally the East when the weather and tides oblige...PM for more details if interested...cheers!

Oh, there is nothing better than a fire during SI. :)

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Heading up to Oban for a week's diving with Puffin divers.

Weather's looking awful!

3. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

If you ever get your regs underwater, I'd be interested in your views on Puffin. I was going to dive with them this year but our plans changed.

4. splinter

splinter Active Member

I did 4 guided dives with them about 7 years ago. Whilst the diving was really good, 2 shore dives and 2 on the Breda, I wasn't that impressed with puffin. They weren't very friendly, made me feel like I was putting them out by diving with them and the dives were limited to half an hour. Their facilities were fine, decent shop and good sized rhib.

Sorry to hear about the weather this weekend, Wibble. Hope you manage to get some dives done.

I'm going up with the club in November, so I'm hoping the weather will be ok. We're diving with Lochaline boat charters I think.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

5. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Well-Known Member

As I mentioned on the weekend thread, doing Mull on a liveaboard gives more variety and gives a longer range. We used MV Halton.