1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ruptured eardrum

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by Steve Brind, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Steve Brind

Steve Brind New Member

Hi all,

I have been told that following a flight that on descent i ruptured my eardrum. This was 4 weeks ago and i am still having problems.
    On my recent visit back to the quacks i was told to buy a nasal spray which would help its repair.

Has anyone else suffered with this and how long does it take to repair or is this the end of flying and diving for me ??

2. PatrickMorrison1996

PatrickMorrison1996 New Member

Hi Steve,

Looking for advice on this as well, any advice I have been given has not been great for example putting olive oil in my ear!

Hope your ear is on the mend! Thanks for sharing

Paddy

3. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

The advice that I got from the doctor was to let nature take its course. You need to check it out with a doctor to make sure that it isn't infected, when antibiotics should sort that. Otherwise, keep it dry and sit it out and get the doctor to check that it has healed to make sure. My understanding it that it is normally a few weeks; I was OK after two but the hole was small.