1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robots?

Discussion in 'Off Gassing' started by Cybes, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Cybes

Cybes Active Member

I usually access the Forum using Tap'a'talk on my 'phone. I'm using the computer for the first time in ages today. And yes I am at work and that would be why. The forum seems 'bigger' and more immediate than when viewed on the 'phone.

Which has nothing to do with the point I'm not making. I'm just noticing more things.

Robot's. 17 of them.

9 Members, 30 Guests, 17 Robot's.

What is a robot, what is it doing here, if we know it's a robot why do we let it in?

I'm probably showing my age, but all I can think of is Space Invaders.

2. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

Robots crawl all over the web. The semi-innocuous ones are used for indexing content by the likes of google and yahoo.
    Others are presumably used by the NSA and GCHQ.

(But then again I am just a chemist, so what do I know?)

3. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Robots are the like of Google et al. I've a feeling that the forum software over-counts the number of robot requests it's probably Baidu slurping everything.

4. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

@Cybes do you want to borrow my tinfoil for a hat. They can see inside your head man!
    ;)

Doomanic likes this.
  5. Cybes

Cybes Active Member

uploadfromtaptalk1448912689946.png

The tinfoil hat only works if you have a layer of chicken wire inside it. The copper stuff, small holes ....

Zubar likes this.
  6. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

This is why we must go diving as much as possible. Their scanners can't get you underwater, and the robots rust.

:borg::droid:

JohnL and Cybes like this.