1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

River Diving UK?

Discussion in 'Diving Trips and Locations' started by Jack Perks, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Jack Perks

Jack Perks New Member

im very keen to do a river dive any tips and locations? i know of devils bridge in lancashire so might go there and do cappernwray also!

Jack

Adebrow likes this.
  2. DaveS

DaveS Play nice. Enjoy UKD

Devil's bridge is good if you can catch the river when you can get more than 1 meter and avoid the idiots jumping off the bridge above you into very shallow water! There are loads of little eels as well as some big fish. Make a day of it and take a BBQ with you and then when you finish your dive have a burger in the field opposite the car park.
    I dived it one Christmas Eve because I was at a loose end and it was amazing at night!

The river has a couple of 'bays' along it so it's easy to get lost even in such a short distance if you've not got your eye on your compass.

Adebrow likes this.
  3. Zubar

Zubar Active Member
    Staff Member

Just seen Jack on Countryfile.
    Dived with him at Stoney a while ago so he could photo fish.

Congrats on furthering your career/interest in fresh water life.

Adebrow and Dan Payne like this.