1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repair wing

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by korsakof, Oct 29, 2019.

1. korsakof

korsakof Member

Hi,

I just bought a second handed wing and holes that allows to set with the backplate are quite used.

Someone know how to repair it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you! Regards.

Attached Files:

2. NickPicks

NickPicks Active Member

They look OK to just use as it is. If you really want to, you could rind off the lip of the eyelet, remove the bots and then crimp in a new one.
    All those eyelets need to do is hold the wing in the right place while you tighten down the backplace to hold it tight. The lower part of my wing is a slot, which is only surrounded by plastic. The metal of the eyelet isn't doing anything.

3. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Just leave them as they are, they are fine

4. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Super Moderator
    Staff Member

You bought second hand and they do look used. It shows they work but they look functional.

Go diving and stop looking for problems that aren't there. If you want new things that look new than buy new!

( the hole in my wing that I fixed 5 years ago is still looking new too)

5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Those holes aren't important as they only locate the wing, but don't hold it in position (that's done by the backplate being tightened to squeeze the wing between the BP and cylinders).

As Nick's said, you could replace the grommet, or as Dave said, ignore it

Looks like it was probably caused by leaving it mounted for some time on a set of tins when wet with seawater.

6. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

Even if you replaced them with shiny new ones. It would be back looking like this in about a year.

Wibble likes this.
  7. korsakof

korsakof Member

This is what i thought. when i saw it.
    I thought to go a cobbler to fix it and replace for a new ones.

I´m a little bit crank with my dive equipment(usually buying new) and wanted to repair but as i read from you i´m not going to do anything.

Thank you for all of responses!!!

Sorry for my english.