1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repair of a Strobe?

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by snowman, Jun 4, 2019.

1. snowman

snowman Active Member

I've got a strobe that I bought secondhand off eBay.

I used it once or twice when I first got it with my old camera and it was fine, but when I got it out to take on a trip a couple of years it was dead as dead thing.

I suspect the capacitor has failed as it no longer whistles when you turn it on, but I couldn't find anyone who would even look at it, because "It's Scuba gear!".

So, does anyone know of anywhere that repairs strobes?

Cheers.

M

2. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

How much would you pay to fix it? Someone's time to fix it would likely outstrip the price of a new second-hand strobe.

3. snowman

snowman Active Member

Maybe, but I hate wasting things, so would at least like the option.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk