1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regs in Hand Luggage or Hold Luggage??

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by ScubaSarge, May 24, 2018.

1. ScubaSarge

ScubaSarge New Member

Evening,

We are flying to Hurghada on Saturday with Easyjet from Gatwick and just trying to work out how I'm going to get all our kit within the baggage allowance (we have an additional sports bag added)... One thing I was thinking of doing is putting my regs in my hand luggage. Usually I would have them in the hold (We tend to fly BA with their genourus baggage allowance), but has anyone had any recent experience of going through security at both Gatwick and Hurghada with your regs in your bag, I fear them telling us we need to check them in separate bag!!!

Many thanks!!

2. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

Not quite the answer you’re looking for, but I had no issues with Heathrow and Valletta last week.

At security I removed them from my rucksack and popped them in a tray with my torches so there’d be no confusion.

3. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

I’ve not been to Egypt for a while but pretty much always take my regs in hand luggage. Never had a problem so far.

4. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

I've put them in both hold and hand luggage with no problems. If running close to weight limits I'd put them in hand luggage

5. nickb

nickb Active Member

I've always put my regs in the hold. I can't see any point at all in carrying them on board,

Dave Whitlow likes this.
  6. Leeb2018

Leeb2018 Member

All depends if I have enough spare weight in the hold bag. But have travelled to turkey and malta with regs in hand luggage no problems