1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Sea Explorers - mv Tala 1st July 2011

Discussion in 'Organised Diving Trips' started by Phil O, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Phil O

Phil O Member

Its that time again when tne snow is falling and we start to think of warmer climes.

1st July next year I am organising another trip on the best liveaboard I have ever been on, the mv Tala. The itinerary is being worked on - I'd like to get a Northern wreck trip finding a few relatively undived trips possiblygoing as far as the Suez but I will confirm this.

Places are being offered initially to people who were on the last trip as most people said they wsnt to come again, and over the next few weeks I'll bottom that out and post a list of attendees.

Flights are now available from Easyjet and I've just booked my ticket to Hurghada at about £270 inc speedy boarding,luggage and dive gear.

The cost is expected to be as before - 800 euros plus you pay for you flight.

Full details will be posted in next few weeks but in the meantime if you are interested in the trip please PM me and I'l add you to the list.

PeterT likes this.
  2. Badger

Badger Member

I could not recommend Tala enough, no frills just everything you need for a very cool weeks diving. We did a week of mixed tec and recreational twin sets a few years back and it was awesome. Scooters, stages, helium and Nitrox whenever you wanted.

3. Phil O

Phil O Member

Fancy coming? Mostly recreational with a couple of potential tech dives

4. DaveS

DaveS Play nice. Enjoy UKD

Phil - Just waiting for Polly to confirm her working dates for next year and then we'll confirm or not.

I'm not tech qualified and don't have a need for it now or in the forseeable future but I would like the opportunity to talk tech, discuss merits and possibly do a dive on something different to air or nitrox. I realise that tech 'try dives' probably aren't the norm so will understand if that's not possible.

Feel free to give us a call to have a chat about what's on offer.

5. Phil O

Phil O Member

Price is now confirmed the same as it has been for the last two years - 800 euros each and this will cover diving, weights, nitrox 32% (for those with nitrox certs), food, soft drinks, airport transfers and entertainment. Yes I will be dancing on Thursday night. Also there is a deal on scooters - unlimited use for 100 euro for the week and I'm hoping the batteries will have been replaced by the time we get back. As last year, any gains made on foreign exchange will be returned so that you can buy booze from duty free.

Double tanks and stages will be available for hire as usual and the diving will predominantly be recreational although one deeper wreck we will do will be the Rosalie Moller - I love it.

The itinerary will be the Northern wrecks - we wont do The Brothers this year and will decide nearer the time whether we do Ras Mohammed/Tiran or whiz up towards Suez.

The boat is currently in dry dock and I'll post pictures as I receive them.

I'm pulling together lists of confirmed attendees from last year and will post that later in the week. There are spaces available so let me know if you are interested.

6. Air-Guzzler

Air-Guzzler Cannot spel and I cannut delet your post :-)

Hope you fill the Boat mate just wish i could make it again.
    My back has never been the same since jumping off the top deck having been forced :-0 to drink Vodka, JD & Coke, Copious amounts of larger

7. zoglet

zoglet Member

Hey Dave

Pretty much anything is possible on the Tala if you're competent enough. If not they'll train you. The first time I dived twins was on Tala. I had been diving singles and prior to my scapa trip and twins purchase, I wanted to see how they felt. Faisal and Stijn took me through the kit, discussed shutdowns etc made me practice some valve drills and then put me in the shallows with a rig and again put me through my paces. After ok'ing me, they let me dive twins with a certified and willing buddy for the rest of the week, thanks Phil. They didn't even charge for the tuition and time underwater as it wasn't such a lot.

Tech try dive as in mixed gas and deco, hmm, well you may be asking a bit much there, but again, Faisal is a seriously good diver and very laid back instructor, IANTD up to Normoxic Trimix and UTD Tech 2 I think, so again, the options there if your wallet stretches ;)

8. furryman

furryman hmmmm
    Staff Member UKD Supporter

Go on Dave - you know you want to....

Chris

9. Phil O

Phil O Member

Did I ever invoice for that?

PeterT likes this.
  10. Phil O

Phil O Member

Bump .... I have 9 places taken and plenty free for those wanting a great trip in the Red Sea. PM me for details

11. Baz

Baz Active Member

Any idea what prices the flights are coming out at?

12. Phil O

Phil O Member

I've booked with Easyjet and it cost around £280 - not sure what they are now. Generally priced around £300 mark

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

13. Ellie

Ellie Non scene GUE diver

It's nearly time! Flights booked, but considerably more than you paid Phil! That'll teach me to piffle about :D

Still spaces left... ;)

14. Phil O

Phil O Member

It's going to be a great trip although we'll miss Zog a bit, not much mind.

We're looking at diving some new marks this year although not the 100m wrecks that Faisal was trying out the other week.

Last chance for spaces guys

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

15. DaveS

DaveS Play nice. Enjoy UKD

GUTTED! Too few holidays. Too little spare money. Maybe next year ?