1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

red hat diving maximus wing

Discussion in 'Personal Ads' started by kainan, Jan 30, 2018.

1. kainan

kainan Member

I am selling my maximus sports harness and 50lb wing.i brought it last year as i thought me and the buddy would be doing more twin diving.its comes with the sports harness with the ballistic plastic backplate,the 50lb wing and the stainless steel single tank adapter.i also brought two add on pockets.altogether over £340.im willing to sell for £250 collection only or courier at buyers cost.its only done two dives

Attached Files:

• jj.jpg
      jj.jpg
      File size:
      8.5 KB
      Views:
    • j1.jpg
      j1.jpg
      File size:
      30.4 KB
      Views:
    • j2.jpg
      j2.jpg
      File size:
      5.7 KB
      Views:
  2. kainan

kainan Member

would be willing to drop the price to £230 for a quick sale.

3. kainan

kainan Member

I forgot to mention i have some long twin set bolts with quick release to go with the jacket.plus for £290 i through in my faber ten cylinder aswell.i only live in a flat so it would give us some room.

4. kainan

kainan Member

bump.
    £230 without the cylinder.thats sports harness plus 50lb wing. two cargo pockets and the stainless steel single tank adapter.this is a bargain.

5. kainan

kainan Member

I have managed to buy a traditional bcd for £220.so if i can get back what i paid for the wing then i would be happy.the 50lb wing on this bcd was £149 alone with the sports harness and everything else.it is a real bargain and has had only two freshwater dives.thanks for looking.

6. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Would you not be better just buying the red hat single wing ?

7. kainan

kainan Member

The main reason for selling and it sounds a bit silly is with the harness i do not feel as strapped in as i would with a bcd with a cummerbund.the wing itself is brilliant even with a twelve a twelve litre on.I think its wasted on me when someone with a twin set could make better use of it.my dive buddy is very hit and miss and plans for deeper diving are out of the window.i am more a 18-20 metre diver.

8. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

TBH, eBay might be a good place to advertise it. There's also a FB page "UK diving stuff" or something like that (I'm not on FB)

These will reach a bigger audience.

9. kainan

kainan Member

thanks.uk diving stuff website is full of frauds.there is lots of scams on there.people wanting to buy scuba gear only by check.

10. kainan

kainan Member

last price drop £200 for quick sale.

11. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

It's worth looking at bunging it on eBay. It's coming up to the right time of year for people to buy stuff like this. Either put a reserve on it or pull it before 12 hours to go (I think that's the limit for cancelling).

The FB group is possibly cheaper though. Be well hard with anyone who smells a bit funny. No cheques; only PayPal - or even cash.

12. kainan

kainan Member

cheers.i got it on another dive forum,preloved and shpock at the moment.hopefully fingers crossed it may go.i thought me putting the ten litre cyl with it it would have been snapped up but no worries.i just didnt feel as secure wearing it than i did in a normal bcd.

13. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

I agree - did two dives this week in a wing for the first time - couldn't get on with it at all. Went back to bcd today and the world changed to one of trim and control - bliss! I think that I would need a lot of help both in set up and practice to get used to a wing. I was thinking it was the next on the list but I think that I'll give it a year and think again then.

14. kainan

kainan Member

It is really weird that is why i added the pockets as i thought it would have given the feeling of a traditional bcd but it did not.I suppose people that dive with a wing all time are used to it.

15. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Interesting. I've dived only on a wing for the past three+ years and a 'hybrid' BCD before that. I find the buoyancy to really pull you flat in the water as the wing wraps around your tank or tanks. BCDs, from what I remember, tend to tilt you up and certainly don't promote flat trim, particularly when stationary as on a stop.

A wing isn't as nice on the surface though as your buoyancy is behind you so it can tip you forwards.

I've a couple of wings, one for a single and one for a twinset. There's very little or no difference of feel in the water between them, great for holiday diving.

TBH I like the simplicity of a wing & backplate, no changes whether diving shallow on a single on holiday, or diving on a twinset with multiple stages for deeper decompression dives.

16. Dave Whitlow

Dave Whitlow Well-Known Member

The not strapped in feeling could be that it isn't adjusted right?

17. Dave Whitlow

I find a wing or BC make little difference, as they are merely a bag of air you strap tanks to, and incorrect weighting has more to answer for.

18. Dave Whitlow

In fact I found my first twinset and wing dives in 7 years felt much like single and BCD or CCR and wing. Maybe I'm equally rubbish in all and just can't tell the difference?

19. kainan

kainan Member

i think it all comes down to experience.in the 20 years i have been diving the only bcd i owned was an oceanic chute 2 until i got the wing so i have never known anything else really.my instructor always swore by buddy commandos but at the time could never afford one lol.

20. kainan

kainan Member

last price drop £190.