1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

punctured drysuit

Discussion in 'Dry Suits' started by moonshine, Aug 5, 2017.

1. moonshine

moonshine New Member

Self inflicted hole in back of drysuit. Seaskin neoprene. Any recommendations on who to send it off to for a quick repair or repair myself?

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

It's possible to patch it up yourself if it's not too big. Need a bit of neoprene and some Black Witch glue.

The one fix I did to mine, I cleaned the hole up making sure there were no tears; cut a piece of thin neoprene, then glued it on with a generous dollop of Black Witch. Worked a treat. A lot cheaper then sending it off, although maybe not so pretty.

3. Dale Martin

Dale Martin Member

Just to add to Wibble's comment; if you put some sellotape over the hole on the outside of the suit first and work the black witch into the edges of the hole from the inside of the suit then you'll end up with a tidier repair. The patch is then applied to the inside of the suit and you can use either thin neoprene or seam tape depending on the size of the hole.

AdsDiving833 and Wibble like this.
  4. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

If material is actually lost and the hole isn't able to be patched as above then use one of these.wad punches.
    [​IMG]
    Can get one the same size as a dump or inlet valve so it can do more than one job, but you put the hole over a
    block and cut a new one, then do the same with a bit of donor material to make a new plug and then follow the
    same method as above.

5. moonshine

moonshine New Member

much appreciated. suit repaired with neoprene queen glue. hopefully get in this week to pressure test!