1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Predator 2 hydro tech dump valve

Discussion in 'Dry Suits' started by Alan Davies, May 25, 2017.

1. Alan Davies

Alan Davies Active Member

Hello another question for u guys I have brought a second hand predator 2 hydro tech drysuit which is great no leaks fits well but I have found out the hard way that whilst diving the dump valve had shut it seems loose has no ratchet as such I have contacted the shop who says it's an easy fix but the shop is 1h 15 mins away so I'm asking if anyone has had this and knows how to fix it
    Thanks

2. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Does the valve look like this?
    (Ignore the DUI brand it's an Apeks)

[​IMG]

3. Alan Davies

Yes I have tried to tighten it up from inside but it turns a little which I think just closes the holes a little but does not tighten the outside

4. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok that's a Mk1 low profile dump which has a known fault of not locking if forced (and that doesn't take a lot)
    against the stop.

The ONLY solution is to get rid and put in much better Mk2 :)

[​IMG]

You can get them to do this or do it yourself easy enough.
    Can make a backing pad tool easy with a small lump of wood and a couple of pop-rivets
    whacked in so the heads stick out at the same distance as the holes on the backing pad
    on the right in the pic.

I'd go to the shop and ask them to at least do a dump at trade which should run out at about
    £20

5. Alan Davies

Sorry the second picture is the one I have and the backing plate is the same that's the holes that close up slightly when I twist it at the back

6. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok in that case it needs a checkover.
    It might be a simple case of the backing pad being a bit lose, but the Mk2 is far more reliable than the Mk1,
    so i'd want to take it apart and have a quick look.

7. Alan Davies

That's what I'm asking if u know how to take it apart

8. Tel

Tel Super Moderator
    Staff Member