1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Padded Weight Belt

Discussion in 'Dive Equipment' started by JohnL, Jun 6, 2018.

1. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

I've been diving with a weight harness up to now, but it's messy as it tends to get mixed up with the bcd shoulder straps. To simplify, I'm thinking of going back to a weight belt and been looking at the Oceanic padded belt that claims to grip better than a standard belt as well as being more comfortable.
    Anybody used one?

2. Mako-JD

Mako-JD Active Member

I use a pocketed weight belt when on a single. Works well for me with soft lead pouches. Has some grip and never slips at all. I use a wing so added security as it's under my crotch strap..

3. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

I used to use an Oceanic one with pouches.

Only reason I stopped was that I gave it to my daughter.

Never had any problems with it.

4. snowman

snowman Active Member

A couple of people in our club use them and seem happy.

Interested that you don't like the harness - I've a pathological dislike of weight belts and since getting a twinset a couple of months ago, I've been looking at options.

I was convinced a harness was the answer, but a few people have been quite negative about them, so now I'm wavering.

M

5. Graysyid

Graysyid Member

A fella at our dive school was wearing a harness and he was complaining about it getting caught up with his BCD straps

6. nickb

nickb Active Member

I've got one of these (in red) in my large box of never-used-any-more stuff:
    [​IMG]
    Very flexible in terms of where the weight goes and very comfortable to wear.

Yours for a donation to the RNLI if you want it. I get back home from Scapa next weekend so could mail it next week.