1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oasis Werner Lau in Marsa Alam

Discussion in 'Diving Trips and Locations' started by Fridaysniper, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Fridaysniper

Fridaysniper New Member

Hi all,

I hope you can help with a question or two. We're looking to go to the Red Sea (around March) and I like the look of the Werner Lau Oasis hotel in Marsa Alam.Can anyone who has been there give me some more info?

In a nutshell, I like to pay for everything upfront (diving, accommodation, meals, drinks etc) so that when I am there all I need to worry about is a decent tip for the dive centre staff, boat crew, bar staff and housekeepers (You know, the people who actually make or break your holiday) at the end of the week.

If anyone can let me know if I should also make allowances for beer money, meals etc (and how much a beer costs) that would be great. I am used to going to all-inclusives and never have to worry about taking more than a few hundred pounds along for side trips etc. If I have to take beer money as well this may turn out to be an expensive trip....

The reason I'm looking at this place is because it seems to be in the middle of nowhere and the only thing to do is dive :) Both my wife and I want to do at least 4 dives a day and I don't want to be messing about worrying about other stuff.

I would really appreciate if you have been there before and if you can give me some background info. I could contact the centre and ask but I would rather hear from people like myself (ie the punter)

Much obliged for your help.

https://www.wernerlau.com/en/red-sea/marsa-alam/

2. Big Joe

Big Joe Active Member

Not been there, but the sort of trip you are describing - you should look at a liveaboard.

3. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter