1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the site.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Absenthe, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Absenthe

Absenthe New Member

Hi all,

thought i would say hello to all, was a former Instructor, then had long break, then got back into it with the now wife, she now has ear problems so could no longer dive, started a bit of CCR, but no time and new hobby forces me to start selling the kit, hope everyone else gets to enjoy the diving, it is great!

Regards

Phil

2. Absenthe

Absenthe New Member

Will be starting to post in for sale section in a bit, tried Facebook, that was a big waste of time!

3. Absenthe

Absenthe New Member

Did work in South East Asia as an Instructor back in 2004-2005 so if you would like advice please ask. :)

4. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

That’s a shame. What’s the new hobby?

Absenthe likes this.
  5. Absenthe

Absenthe New Member

Well it's an old but new hobby, called cycling something we can both do
    together, and an ear problem has no problem with it, and also some Gym time, and Yoga.

Tribal Chestnut likes this.
  6. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

I love cycling, but rarely do it.

7. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known Member

Our bikes have been languishing in a shop near our new house for three months. Not sure I'd want to cycle on roads until some of the potholes are filled, bad enough on four wheels. We will be able to cycle the canal tow path that will be easy after a long lay-off.

8. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Now that the weather's cheered up a bit it's nice to get back to the daily commute on the bike. A nice 14 mile round-trip through the Sussex countryside to get the heart rate up a bit. I've a Dahon Jetstream folding bike which is sitting next to my desk. Love that bike - ridden it all over the place and it's great to fold it up and put it in the boot or on the boat.

@Absenthe - have you ever tried a tandem? They're great for "being together".

9. Absenthe

Absenthe New Member

Tandems sound good, but think we will stick to individual bikes, but with you on the commuting on a bike for sure!

10. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

The tandem was great - did a fair bit on it including the London to Brighton for a couple of years and a couple of holiday trips. What's nice is that you're both together; there's no differences in fitness or skills on the one bike! It's still in the garage and used for hanging up the diving kit!

Absenthe likes this.