1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New suit??

Discussion in 'Dry Suits' started by Tribal Chestnut, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

Everyone says Otter or Santi, I’m thinking of trying a Hammond.

I think Tel had a bad experience and I read of a guy on another forum who ‘couldn’t do shutdowns’ with his or something, but they did a decent job on the mods and repairs to my daughter’s suit and are local (within an hour by bike).

They seem receptive to adding a few features that are important to me and pricing appears competitive.

I’m struggling to see a reason not to give them a shot, aside from the praises others sing about the two aforementioned brands.

2. jb2cool

jb2cool Moderator
    Staff Member

You never know. If you take the time to discuss what you want and tell them about the shutdowns etc. They might use that info to create a new tech suit. This is similar to what Garf did with Preadator

3. nickb

nickb Active Member

I would always choose a Santi or Otter if the budget allowed but Chris Hammond is a nice guy to deal with.

4. reefer

reefer Member

I have just taken delivery of the new Otter dry suit to replace my mark 2 Britannic - I believe it was going to be called the 'Atlantic', I don't know if the name has been finalised yet.

I tried this in the pool the other night and I have to say it is totally awesome in terms of quality, cut, comfort, flexibly and manoeuvrability - all with the backing of the Otter customer service behind.

This is a new design with the under arm cut in such a way as to offer loads of flexibility for valve drills. It also has the turbo soles which I find great for increased ankle flexibility in fins. I will get some photos up and a review soon.

Vanny, Wibble, splinter and 1 other person like this.
  5. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Did it include Kubis (or other ring system); quick neck (or is it a fitted neck seal); what's the pockets like (big, two bungees, dividers?)... and with that, what sort of price?

6. reefer

reefer Member

It can be customised as part of the made to measure service I believe.

I opted for the neck ring, Kubi system and pee valve. Mine came with the two bellows pockets - just like on the Britannic, mounted perfectly on the side of the legs.

The material is a lot lighter than the Britannic - I think this is their 'rip skin' material. I'm sure you could get them to revert to the Tri Lam material if you wanted.
    Mine didn't have braces, but there are brace anchor points within the suit, so I could get a set I'm sure if I wanted.

I'm not sure on price - wife sorted that for me : )