1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New lake open for diving in Kent

Discussion in 'General Scuba Diving' started by Joe, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Joe

Joe Active Member

2. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

Arrgh, a Facebook link. Here's the same without the faecesbook spying code...

Www.standrewsdiving.co.uk

£17 for a dive in a chalky lake.... feck moi! And no solo diving either.

3. jps

jps Active Member
    UKD Supporter

Not only is there no solo diving they only open at weekends.....

4. Tribal Chestnut

Tribal Chestnut Well-Known Member
    UKD Supporter

And they require an M25 battle to get there. Fuck that. Probably only of use on the very rare occasions when you might have planned to be diving from Dover but it gets blown out and you've already travelled down there.

jps likes this.
  5. Graysyid

Graysyid Member

£17 new pound?

Wibble likes this.
  6. Vanny

Vanny Active Member

Yes, I thought it was a bit steep, don’t think there’s a compressor there yet either. I’ll prob still go and look but expect I’ll end driving the extra hour to go to Stoney for the topography and attractions when the sea isn’t available or appropriate.

7. Wibble

Wibble Fish don't talk
    UKD Supporter

£17 is the same price as NDAC without discount. Other mucky southeast puddles charge £10 for the "pleasure".

Are the other watersports motorised? Hope not as that's noisy wnderwater.

8. Suffolkmatireland

I just spent my saturday there, circumstances dictacted sady that sunday i would come home. Staff-fantastic, really helpful. diving-good- it is new, most of it is unexplored so who really knows what is in there!!! vis- 5-10 metres, but it is chalk, the fine silt is bad.

anyway, i will be back, the staff were really great, the site is good, depending on what is in there will make the dives of course, i would be wary of taking a novice diver purely because there is not really any shallow sections for training

Joe and Griffalo like this.
  9. Griffalo

Griffalo Active Member

Give them a chance, it's going to be hard to staff something like this from scratch in the winter months. I've spoken to them, explained I could only do weekdays and they agreed to open for me on a Tuesday. Can't get much better than that. I'll be diving there in Feb so I'll let you all know what it's like.

Joe and jps like this.